Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Jet Hot Coatings, Anyone use them?

I just got a quote back from Jet hot for my shorty headers (V10) and two small (8"Long ) downpipes. They want $650, seams kind of high.

I went with Cerakote for my headers and it's worked great. Depends on who sprays them but I think it was around 300 for my headers.

Cerakote is what everybody doing powdercoat near me has gone to these days. Quality of prep & application would be the biggest difference to make or break a job.
      That being said, Cerakote does have an air dry version of coating, not in chrome look though. Costs more than their bake on stuff, I think $110 to $130 for a qt.I'm sure a qt would go a long ways as ceramic needs to be thin (1 coat application). Read different older comments on it, but takes about 5 days to decently cure & not be fragile.. I think again prep & application is a major role in success or failure. Can be sprayed with decent standard touch up gun after proper prep..I'll definitely check into it more JUST to be in control of quality myself & not have to take off of work & drive parts to wait on.
      Tert butyl acetate is the solvent. Strong stuff , so do need proper mask & ventilation.

You might check out Calico Coatings in Denver, NC. Jet Hot is way too proud, these guys are very fairly priced.

https://www.calicocoatings.com

I had them coat my mild steel headers in their "KoolChrome", came out great.

Name:  Headers.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  20.2 KB

I THINK Jet Hot coats headers inside and out, not everybody does that.

Could be part of the reason they cost more.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      I THINK Jet Hot coats headers inside and out, not everybody does that.

Could be part of the reason they cost more.
      I know that was true 20+ years ago but I would presume nowadays everyone does inside and out. Always good to check.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

I had my big block headers coated by Jet Hot with their 2000° coating (or whatever it's called) and they look great, held up good but they weren't on the car long before I did all the suspension and LS Swap so can't testify to how they held up beyond about 200 miles...but they look great sitting on the motor in the garage! I can say the turn-around time and customer service was very good.
      Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com