Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

1966 Lemans project - The Felon

So I'll get the name out of the way. Bought this off of a guy who was kind of weird and we found out he had done some time for possession of stolen goods. So, of course, my friends teased me about it being stolen (it's not) and named it "The Felon". So there that is.

Anyway, it's been sitting at my shop for almost a year now, just haven't gotten around to it. Been trying to finish my fully built 98 Trans Am and also some other projects less exciting.

My kids decided that we start working on it a bit, just get it running and driving. Well, we've finally started on it and are making slow but steady progress. We installed a new fuel tank and fuel pump along with new rubber lines and it starts and runs great. Of course, it is puking gas out of the 2bbl carb. We've raided the Pontiac parts store in our shop attic and came out with an old Edelbrock P4B intake and a 600cfm Edelbrock 4bbl carb. Should be plenty for the little 326. The automatic trans seems to move it ok. Yesterday we installed a new brake master, but it is 4 wheel drums and they don't seem to be too functional. We'll see where it goes. We have big plans for it, but I'm not going to spend money on things like rebuilding the drum brakes when we can just upgrade to something better.

Immediate plans are running and driving, some of the following plans may be involved in that.

Engine - 462 Pontiac engine, aluminum heads, some other good stuff.
      Transmission - Super T-10 4-spd swap
      Brakes - LS1 F-body brakes for now (I have a bunch of parts lying around)
      Body, stock, interior, stock
      Rearend - stock for now, probably regear and TracLok.
      Suspension - full tubular suspension set up to handle, not sure on brand yet.
      Big wheels and tires set to sticky

Initial plans for now at least. More than likely I'll do the LS brake conversion and then go from there.

Name:  20181231_085124.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  433.9 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com