Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by sonksen_design View Post
      I'm enjoying seeing your progress! I wish that I could say the same for mine....
      Even working on something small in the garage not on the car is still a step in getting the car done. I've been in Texas 5 years and I've only either had the car here or able to work on the car about 2 of them. I was still working on collecting parts, designing parts, or building parts without the car.

Saturday I decided I wanted to get my battery mounted. I decided to keep it in the right rear of the trunk and recessed into the floor like I had in V1 of this build. I built the battery tray after work a few months back and had been playing with different locations for it, but nothing appealed to me.

Since I haven't welded my quarters back on yet it gives me a ton of room to work. I set the tray where I wanted it, traced it out, then cut it out. I have it so the battery is parallel to the ground. Since I had already built the new floor and had all that bead rolled I had to hammer and dolly out a decent amount of the lines so I could redesign them to flow with the battery box and not look like it was an after though. I was pretty happy with how it came out.

To mount the battery hold down I used my Hammer Fab rivnut dimple dies and then installed 3/8" rivnuts. The only thing left to finish is cutting out a new wider section for the trunk drop because of the wide body quarters. I have it all traced out and need to run it through the band saw. Once thats done that will be one more project checked off the check list.

Instagram: CamaroAJ

Country Flag: United States
      Super-clean and nicely done

Amazing work! Please keep the updates coming!!

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Super-clean and nicely done
      Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Amazing work! Please keep the updates coming!!

Thanks guys.

Saturday I finished up the passenger trunk drop extension to fit the wide body quarter. That was a semi quick thing to finish.

With that done the upper radiator mount bushings showed up last week so I was able to finish mounting the radiator. First I finished up the fan shroud though so get that knocked off my list. Then I made both upper frame mounts and finished them out before installing the rivnut and getting them welded to the frame.

With the radiator mounted I finished off the day by getting the new core support outline set. The plan is to build a carbon fiber duct that will bolt to the core support and direct air into the cooling stack. My current plan is to only have the main radiator, condenser, and oil cooler in this stack to make it as efficient as I can. The power steering cooler will possibly end up in there as well, but I want to try and put it else where first. The on each side of the car I want to split up the heat exchanger into two smaller units and duct them into the wheel wells along with the secondary radiator much like the new generation ZL1. By doing the Corvette frame swap I gained a ton of room where the original frame rails and inner fenders used to be.

Saturdays adventures with the car I taught myself how to use a shrinking disk. I made more progress with the disk in 15 min then I did with hours of hammer and dolly work. It also help a lot with some tin canning I had.

I was able to get the high spots taken care of on the driver and passenger sides of the roof.

I also finished welding the front section of the roof. I still need to hammer and dolly that section and hopefully not much with the shrinking disk.

To gain access to the bottom I needed to cut the structure out from under the roof. Since I had it out and access I decided to put some dimples in it. every little bit of weight savings adds up.

I finished up the day taking the front end apart so I can start working on the core support during the week after work. The radiator laid out looks killer exposed like this.

Saturday I was semi lazy and didn't work on what I was planning on doing. Instead I went after finishing up the trans cooler mount and getting the diff. cooler mounted. Nothing to exciting to write about, so here are some pictures since that's all we really want to see lol.

Friday morning my buddies text me and wanted me to bring my car to a show they were hosting at Vintage Air. I told them they were killin me as I took it all apart last weekend lol. I thrashed on it after work Friday night for a few hours and then finished it up Saturday morning before heading to the show.

This is the most complete this car has ever been and its actually looking like the light at the end of the tunnel is coming. At the show I got tons of questions. Most of them were how and why. I even got a job offer from one of the shops that were there lol. Bummed I didn't have any tires yet for the front wheels so I had to roll my steelies. For its first car show ever I'm pretty happy with the outcome and looking forward to actually driving it to one someday.

Very cool! I hate loosing Saturdays to shows as well...

Very cool! I hate loosing Saturdays to shows as well...
      Yeah that part sucked. It’s also all put together so now I don’t have the core support to work on during the week and I work next weekend. I’m gonna work on the cooler ducts since that’s about all I have laying around right now lol.

Very nice work! It's going to be a hell of a car!
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Quote Originally Posted by David Pozzi View Post
      Very nice work! It's going to be a hell of a car!
      Thank you, I'm really looking forward to having it rub elbows against your cars.

Looks killer! Good thing you had a big stash of Cleco's! That was a hell of a thrash to put it that far together in one night.

Quote Originally Posted by shelteredchevelle View Post
      Looks killer! Good thing you had a big stash of Cleco's! That was a hell of a thrash to put it that far together in one night.
      Thats not even half. Before I welded the roof on and was still working on the firewall I was running pretty thin. I think I have about 100 or so. Picked them up pretty cheap on ebay. I think I have about 4 hours in putting it together. Its a lot faster when I don't have to worry about scratching paint right now lol.

Lookin good man. Had my share of thrashes to bring in progress to shows. Some really appreciate seeing that kind of thing, others ask dumb questions & get as much hand oil as possible on raw sheet metal.

As far as dimple die holes, sure they stiffen while lightening things, but admit it, we really do them because they look cool as hell.

Great build. Awesome craftsmanship.
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
      Lookin good man. Had my share of thrashes to bring in progress to shows. Some really appreciate seeing that kind of thing, others ask dumb questions & get as much hand oil as possible on raw sheet metal.

As far as dimple die holes, sure they stiffen while lightening things, but admit it, we really do them because they look cool as hell.
      So far most of my dimples will get covered with the dash or the head liner lol. I'm wanting some to be visible somewhere on the car, but we'll see if that works out. I anticipated hands on the car (nobody touched anything while I was around though) so I wiped down all the raw metal with gibbs oil before hand just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
      Great build. Awesome craftsmanship.
      Thank you.

I had to work Saturday so I didn't get to work on the car. During the week though I got the wicker bill rough cut, hand filed, and mocked up on the car. I'm thinking about making this out of carbon fiber as well and selling some to recoup car part funds.

Saturday my buddy Adam came by to help me line up the doors and front end so I can get started on the front lower fender mounts and wide body mods. It took us the better part of the day, but everything lines up very nicely. With the front lined up you can really see how much wider the rear wide body is than the front. Keep in mind that these Anvil fenders are already 1 3/4" wider than factory.

With a little time left in the afternoon I was able to get the location figured out for the Infinity Box master cell. Seems like a good place with easy access to get to it if I need to.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com