Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1964-1966 Mustang Tank with Aeromotive Phantom Flex + 9" Detroit Locker

Hey all,

I have a couple items to sell.

First is a Detroit Locker for a Ford 9" (31 spline). I bought it from a NASCAR shop as an overstock spare (it was a fresh rebuild when I got it). I've put about 300 miles on it and it's just too aggressive for my taste. It works great, but it'll occasionally slide a tire on tight turns (like a cul-de-sac), particularly if the road is dusty. It's fine above about 10 MPH, but I'm going to put a TruTrac in the car instead.

I don't have any pictures as it's currently in the car (and I'm not pulling it until I sell it, or winter). Looking for 150 dollars + S&H (it's not light... but shouldn't be too bad).

Second:

1964-1966 (I think it fits 1967-1970 also, but I'm not sure) 16 gallon Mustang fuel tank. It's a basic steel one (painted silver by manufacturer) that I think was made by Tanks, Inc, but I can't remember exactly. Regardless I bought it from Summit a while back. It has an Aeromotive Phantom Flex pump setup in it (https://aeromotiveinc.com/product/phantom-flex/). It comes with two pumps, one brand new one installed and the original one spare. I had stolen the pump out of it to get my car going (car now has a fuel cell/surge tank and I had a pump fail in that). I bought a new pump for it, then found out that the big 450lph pump from the Phantom Flex was too big to use as a lift pump, so it comes with this. So 2x pumps with it, one new and one with ~300 miles on it (so almost new). Never run anything but 93 octane in it.

It also includes some random AN lines and a cheap 100 micron fuel filter (it's an eBay special but, is stainless and rated for E85). The factory sender/return was TIG'd shut and expoxied in place, but it does have a good sender in it (tested as functional). There is a dent in the tank just above the sender (you can see it in the picture) where I had a jack slip when lifting it and the handle smacked the tank. Doesn't hurt anything and it's not visible installed (it's just above the rear axle when in the car) but it's there. Beyond that it has a few scuffs/marks from being installed and moved around the garaged, etc, but it's a-ok and clean inside.

Asking $500 + S&H for the tank. I have over $800 in it, so that seems like a good deal... tank is worthless without the Phantom, since it has a big ass hole for it, so I'd rather sell them together, though I'll sell the Phantom and other bits for $450 if you don't want the tank, since you'll save me shipping that hoss...

Pics of fuel bits:

Name:  IMG_1008.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  234.3 KBName:  IMG_1009.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  198.3 KBName:  IMG_1010.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  181.8 KBName:  IMG_1011.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  260.5 KBName:  IMG_1013.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  204.4 KB

If you need any references I manage the NoRotors.com forum and I'm digitalsolo on eBay (and everywhere...)

Thanks!

-Blake
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      1988 Mazda RX7 - Forged LS/T56, 76mm turbo, ProEFI, Ford 8.8 - Sold
      1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, Haltech, big brakes, updated suspension.
      2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Full bolt-ons
      2016 BMW 428iX GranSport - Stock...ish.

Oh yeah, feed output and filter are 8AN, return/vent are 6AN and the lines that come with it are a little of both.
      1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, Haltech, big brakes, updated suspension.

What gear ratios is the locker for??

Quote Originally Posted by 232_ray View Post
      What gear ratios is the locker for??
      I'm not sure; I have 3.73 in the car right now.

FYI, I'm pulling the diff this week/weekend to put my new one in, so it'll be available to ship then.

It looks to be around 30-40 dollars to ship it, CONUS.

I -can- ship the fuel tank, but it's probably pricey because it's a bug sucka. Surprised there isn't more interest in the fuel setup, am I out of line for about half price on this stuff?

Sent pm on the fuel pump

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Where are you located for potential pickup of the tank? I didn't see a location listed in the add, and it is a requirement for posting
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Sorry, I thought I had that in the post, my fault.

North side Fort Wayne, IN

Country Flag: Canada
      Don't give up on the locker quite yet. Well give up on the one you have maybe? Nascar lockers (Circle track) are not recommended for street use. They are by their nature designed for turning one direction only. That may explain your problems with it. The ones for street use are more expensive but built for a different purpose. If somehow you ended up with a road race locker then discount everything I have just said LOL.

I've already got a torsen (TrueTrac) in my hands.

Fuel parts are sold, diff is still available!

Everything is sold.

Thanks!

pump Received. Thanks

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com