Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Road trip to East Glacier National Park

So maybe there is a silver lining to everything. My wife's niece and her soon to be husband planned a "destination wedding" at East Glacier National Park Lodge. It's about a 1100 mile road trip one way for us. We have friends in Bozeman so we were up for a road trip.

So just let me say the East Glacier Lodge looks cool. The reception area is quite nice but the rest of the lodge is not only old but really run down. No TV's in the rooms. No AC in the rooms. Walls so thin you can hear every word day or night. Elevator broke down 8 years ago and yet to be repaired. All baggage run up and down three levels by hand. Oh and don't forget the main train line that runs about every two hours is about 200yards away. The real bonus is that it was just short of $300 per night. I cannot ever recommended the lodge as a overnight stay to anyone.

So enough of the whining. Saturday just after lunch about 50+ vintage cars roll in. E-type Jags, original Cobra 289 car, 69 C3 big block Corvette, half dozen early turbo 911's, 66 mustang GT fastback. At least a dozen mega buck Ferrari's. A few early BMW's. And their "chase" van a mid-80's Ford Econoline van.

They were on the Rally to the Sun. I spent more than an hour looking at the cars and speaking to the owners. Very cool people to talk to. All of the cars were dirty with road grime from the previous week rains. The Cobra had no wipers, heat or top. The lodge was their lunch stop on their way to the "Going to the sun highway". We did that today and it's one of the narrowest roads we have ever been on. Views are so cool.

Country Flag: United States
      Any pictures? sounds cool!

1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com