Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Is that pretty much it to wrap the HVAC install?[/QUOTE]

actually that is everything I need to control and wire it the engine. Ecu, intake, wiring, switches, obt2 port, o2 sensors, mass air flow, battery leads, under hood fuse block, etc. I also got some an fittings for the fuel system. For the hvac I ordered a old slider control off eBay that I hope to adapt.
      My cougar project.

Oh, now that is pretty dang exciting!

So, life just got crazy for us. I was offered a high up management position with in fedex. They are going to double my salary, but I am being relocated to northern Illinois. So good news, the car is being moved with us, the budgetary restrictions can be relaxed a lot, and we can buy a house with a three car garage, or maybe a shop, so I can keep working on it. Bad news I need to be there in three weeks, my wife is having a hard time, and doesn’t want to leave her friends, and for at least six months it is super unlikely I will have any time to do anything but learn to do my new job and work on selling, buying, renting, moving, and all the other insanity that comes from a sudden 1500 mile relocation. So the cougar may be put on the back burner for a bit, which sickens me, but it is what needs to happen. Things are about to start moving very quickly, and failure is not an option. My family will always come first, and this amazing opportunity is going to positively impact us for years to come, after a lot of work, learning, and some pain. Also if it all goes horribly wrong, it’s only a one year commitment, and I can transfer just about anywhere after two. In car related news, I Have some mounts holding the hvac unit in place now, and I just got my u-Paul raptor liner (in white). I for now am going to get a couple cases of primer and cover up the exposed metal work, then get her on some caster dollys (as the steering isn’t done yet) then pack it full of parts and prep it for a long trip. Really though, I enjoy building things, it relaxes me, and with my new job I will no longer be doing fabrication and engineering work for my career, so there is a good chance my time line is wrong, I may need the old cougar more now than ever.
      My cougar project.

Management?!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just kidding. Good for you. Where at in IL?
      Tracey

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaints1115 View Post
      Management?!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just kidding. Good for you. Where at in IL?

The job is in grayslake IL. its a lot smaller building than I am used to, and with some luck should not be too crazy.
      My cougar project.

Soon to welcome you to northern IL! We are in Woodstock, a bit west of ya. Not far from the fedex hub in Cary.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Really, that is cool. How is the car culture in il?
      My cougar project.

Quote Originally Posted by grambo View Post
      Really, that is cool. How is the car culture in il?
      Pretty good. Chicagoland is full of stuff. Lots of exotics and such, but all good company.

SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

where did you get adjustable upper a-arms

Hey great build, are minds think alike super widebody, adjustable upper a-arms, splined swaybar, nascar chassis etc all on a budget thats what i would like to build, unfortunately i dont have the space.

where did you get adjustable upper a-arms and what brand is it thanks,

Also when u finish would you sell it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      Hey great build, are minds think alike super widebody, adjustable upper a-arms, splined swaybar, nascar chassis etc all on a budget thats what i would like to build, unfortunately i dont have the space.

where did you get adjustable upper a-arms and what brand is it thanks,

Also when u finish would you sell it to me?

glad to hear I am not the only insane hotrodder out there. The a-arms are speedway motor brand and seem stout so I would recommend them. As for selling, I’d like to say never, but I have a well renowned lead foot so let’s see how much trouble I get in with it first.
      My cougar project.

Ok, I am moving this week, So this will be the last update until my car is moved, and we are settled in our new home. In preparation for that I have primed everything exposed and got it back on the ground. Then I put the front wheels on dollies. Last Friday it went to a shop and got an alignment and a trick exhaust system. It it 3” with flowmaster 40 mufflers, to keep it tight (and free up some ground clearance) most of it is mounted with in a half inch of the floor. We used flex fittings between the “hard mounted” (still has rubber damper things) rear section And the headers so the motor can move with out things fowling the floor. And with the alignment we are a lot closer. This is the first part I have paid someone else to do, and to be honest I am glad I did, they did a great job!Name:  17B46FE1-98D4-49C0-BE5B-340B26440B4F.jpeg
Views: 595
Size:  152.8 KBName:  C0FE1B71-DD5C-4ED1-8248-B8164D3B8307.jpeg
Views: 630
Size:  120.1 KBName:  BCA55E2D-339E-427B-8B12-A747C9DC275D.jpeg
Views: 624
Size:  176.0 KBName:  A906D153-25C5-4254-A278-787D30F2CBB0.jpeg
Views: 608
Size:  179.1 KB
      My cougar project.

Ok, I need some advice on shipping. I have had cars shipped to me in the past, but they were already wrecked, like the donor mustang. I need to move the cougar from Utah to Wisconsin, and all the shipping companies I have talked to (6 or 7 now) seem disreputable/ untrustworthy. Do any of you know of a shipper that I can trust with my car? It's not even a money issue it is a trust that it will be treated with kindness and not harmed. please help me!
      My cougar project.

I had good luck using this transport company:

Rebel Yell Transport 972-264-3977

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

thank you.
      My cougar project.

I have past experience with Reliable. No issues.
      Tracey

Quote Originally Posted by grambo View Post
      Ok, I need some advice on shipping. I have had cars shipped to me in the past, but they were already wrecked, like the donor mustang. I need to move the cougar from Utah to Wisconsin, and all the shipping companies I have talked to (6 or 7 now) seem disreputable/ untrustworthy. Do any of you know of a shipper that I can trust with my car? It's not even a money issue it is a trust that it will be treated with kindness and not harmed. please help me!
      A few years back we used Nationwide United Auto Transport for enclosed auto transport. I'm sure they offer open car shipping as well. They have 5 stars on Google, Yelp, Transport Reviews, etc. I would definitely recommend them

It’s moving day! The car parts are here (so is the rest of my stuff...) and the cougar arrives tomorrow. We bought a slightly bigger house for the same price I sold my Utah house for but now have a 3 car deeper garage, which is nice. It has been a crazy month with lots of adventures but I am maybe 2 weeks from getting back to work on the car. Name:  B02097CB-779F-401C-9052-C86700F5371A.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  365.0 KBName:  B02097CB-779F-401C-9052-C86700F5371A.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  365.0 KB
      My cougar project.

Welcome to Illinois. You're just in time for the heat and humidity season.
      Tracey

You aren’t kidding. It is hot.
      My cougar project.

Yes, but it's a humid, sticky, sweaty balls heat.
      Tracey

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com