Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Best EFI for Boosted 357 running E85

Long time lurker and first time poster / new member.

So I currently have a Fitech Go EFI 4 600 HP setup on my engine (.040 over 350 SBC Forged lowers, Trick Flow 64 CC heads, Icon IC726-040 Forged T-6 Pistons, full roller valve train). It has a manifold mounted weiand supercharger setup at 10 pounds boost so I need a draw through setup. MSD distributor is locked out at 15 degrees. The cam isn't wild, not sure exactly what it is but she sounds like something in the 268 duration range, with boost it should be good to go. fuel pump is currently rail mounted inline (loud), I want to relocate it to the fuel tank to cool the pump and make it run quieter.

My current system tops out at around 420 HP with E85 due to the injector sizes.

Any recommendations? I am looking for a system that can make up around 650 - 700 HP on E85, I think thats probably the tops on what she can make. No plans to add nitrous on this engine.

Will I be able to stick with a single 4150 pattern throttle body?

I must say the Fitech unit has been nothing but problems for me and the previous owner. The auto learning just isn't even close or it's not working, the previous owner tried a lot of troubleshooting with fitech and gave up so I got the car for a steal lol. I would like to go another direction from the Fitech with the change to E85, just wasn't impressed with their company and product. I want something really top notch and I don't mind paying extra for that.

I could just change the system out and stick with pump gas and I want the ability to have a pump gas fuel / spark curve saved for use at the pump but the extra power I can get from running E85 really makes me want it lol. The car is just for cruising and fun so it's not a daily driver but I want it to be roadworthy for longer runs. It runs nice and cool right now with the aluminum radiator, dual fans and air dam setup (hard to get air over the radiator on the corvette.)

It has a T56 Six Speed transmission that is pretty fun. I normally prefer automatics for straight line performance (strip) but the manual is growing on me, just need to do some work on the clutch pedal, don't like the setup right now as it's too close to the brake. It was converted from an automatic factory setup using a hydraulic system by Novak (HCRC-34 Kit). Works good but the pedal location sucks as I tend to hit the edge of the brake when operating the clutch lol. Yes I have fat feet!

Anyways thanks for any input on my new car folks!
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com