Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1969 RS Camaro Project Car for sale W/Roadster shop Chassis and New LS9

Writing this ad for my car is feels like the beginning of the end for me because this car has a very special place in my heart and never thought I would post it for sale because how much time I have investing and amount of money I have dumped into it at this point. Coming to the terms of my priorities for my family, the best thing is to post it for sale so someone else can complete it and enjoy it. I am not desperate to sell it by any means and is completely paid off so I'm not in a position to be low balled for it. You might be able to find another car that is completely done and running for the price I am asking to be completely honest but this car is at a different level of build for a 1 specific person who needs to spend a lot less than I did to complete it.

HISTORY: Classic cars are important to know the history to classic car guys so I will explain from the point of when I got it several years ago. That being said, here is the info about my car
      Approx 8 years ago I was looking for a super clean 69 RS Camaro that already had been semi restored so I wouldn't have to paint it because all I wanted to do was drop a bad ass Roadster Shop chassis on the body and bad ass motor and be done.
      I ended up finding this super clean 69 RS Camaro in Las Vegas at Classic and Collectible Cars on consignment that was restored by the owner. He was financially well off with a big exotic car collection and wanted a 69 camaro in his fleet until he got tired it because he’s used to driving Ferrari’s, Lambo’s and other European cars. I was able to negotiate the price for $35000 for the car after staying in Vegas for a couple days and working the owner. The car was in mint condition with a really nice paint job and no sign of rust at all after thoroughly looks the whole car over for hours. The pictures of the car are attaches that you can see. It came with a crate ZZ3 motor, new suspension, new interior,refinished chrome and completely gone through.
      I bought the car and trailered it back from Vegas to California and drove the car around for about 5 month before I went to SEMA looking for a qualified builder to do what I wanted. I settled on called Poor Boys Hot Rods in LaHabra, Ca. This is the old Boyd Coddington shop that was on American Hot Rod show that was taken over by one of the shop guys named Dan Sobinski.
      This guy did good work but turned out to be a pile of garbage and a whole other story I can get into if you come look at the car or call me with questions. He created more work for him then needed to be done to make a long story short.
      After spending $77,148 in receipts with him only, I ended up getting the car back from his shop and stored it for a year inside my car hauler out of the weather and ended up dropping it off at East Bay Muscle car with Steve Keefer which was great. He did a lot of custom modifications to the car to bring it to where it is today. I ran out of funds and had to remove it from his shop until I can get prepared to throw more money at it. After adding up my receipts and making myself sick to my stomach and because of personal priorities that are more important at this stage in my life 7 years later, things have changed for me, I decided to post it for sale.

I will post details in stages to see the break down.

WORK DONE TO BODY:
      The whole body was stripped down even though the car has a mint paint job and no sign of rust repair after that was done. Rear wheel wells were separated at the seams to widen for bigger wheels and mini tubs were custom built for it, reinforced and tig welded. Sheet metal work in the trunk area was done to fit the Roadster Shop chassis and the floors to recess the body onto the frame so the car has a lower stance for an aggressive look that is fully adjustable. Back deck lid has a one off custom spoiler smoothed in and matching sides on the edges of the rear quarter. One off jigs were made to built it to be perfectly even and straight. Read panel was modified for billet gas filler that is recessed into the body. Have the accessories for that. Rear deck lid was reinforced.
      The underside of the hood was custom built to fit the exact dimensions of the LS9 supercharger and is a perfect fit. The firewall was cut, modified in the center to move the motor back and lowered for a better center of gravity, better handling for autocross and working on the motor if need be. Area for the brake booster was fitted for the new Wilwood Hydroboost that's included.
      Area was modified for the steering column as well. The trans tunnel was removed and custom sheet metal trans tunnel was built for the new over built T-56 Magnum transmission.( Built for 1000HP by D&D Performance) There is an access panel built on the top that can be removed from the inside to get easy access to the top bolts encase of a change out.
      Area where the rear bumper mounts was cut and modified for flush mounted rear bumper for a clean flush look. Modified bumper included.
      New front radiator support was installed and modified for the entire cooling system, inter cooler, oil cooler,condenser and electric fans(Best of the best stuff already mounted and installed).
      New inner fenders were purchased, custom modified with bead rollers to make it more rigid with one off CNC mounts for the gas reservoir shock mounts for a more mechanical look.
      There are 2 custom one off oil tanks with built in baffles for the dry sump system. They were built to fit exactly in the front left and right side of the radiator behind the headlights for a clean flush look with bulkheads on them for the lines.
      I’m sure there are other things I'm missing that I have done.

ROADSTER SHOP CHASSIS
      The car is set up for Pro Touring with a full frame chassis with IRS with 1000HP axles.
      If you don't know what a Roadster Shop Chassis is, I would highly recommend doing your research by going to there site.
      http://roadstershop.com/product/full-chassis/1967-69-camaro-chassis/
      I was the first customer to buy there 69 Camaro Fast Track System and got the complete set up for $35,270.
      Mr friend just bought the same set up for $42,097 several years later.

I have the 69 Camaro Fast Track Stage 3 Chassis. $15,495
      RS Fast Track Front Suspension utilizing proprietary geometry
      C6 Corvette Splines and Z06 hub assembly
      Adjustable Afco Billet coilovers
      1.25 splined front sway bar with C6 Corvette end links
      Custom fabricated, fully boxed, 10 gauge frame rails
      Utilized all stock body mounting locations, bumper and core supports
      Lowered ride height
      Engine mounts for LS9 motor
      Custom center crossmember with exhaust ports for up to 3” exhaust
      HD Ford 9” housing with 31 spline axles
      Large diameter parallel 4-bar rear suspension
      Adjustable Afco billet coilovers
      I had them install addition lines for a line lock.

ENGINE MOUNTS:
      Polyurethane motor mounts for LS9 $ 99
      LS Motor mounts $99

COILOVER OPTION:
      Upgraded to remote reservoir double adjustable front coil overs(Front) $995
      Upgraded to remote reservoir double adjustable front coil overs (Rear) $995

FRONT DISK BRAKE OPTION:
      14” Cross drilled rotors W/6Piston Black Wilwood Calipers $1,615

BRAKE LINE OPTION:
      Brake line Package( stainless hard line W/Endura Fittings $895

REAR DISK OPTION:
      13” Cross Drilled Rotor W/4 Piston Black Wilwood Caliper $1615

UPGRADED INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION OPTION:
      Fast Track IRS Assembly $7995
      Upgrade to 35 spline Inner Stub Axles $225
      Upgrade to 1,000HP HP Drive Axles & Hubs $800
      IRS 1.25 Splined Sway Bar $300

REAR GEAR OPTION:
      Rear End Gear (410 Ration) Wave Tech System for 35 Splines $2250

Crating and shipping was another $1367
      TOTAL COST WAS $35,270

ROADSTER SHOP LONG TUBE HEADERS:
      Long tube headers custom made by roadster shop for LS9 $1250

MOTOR:
      New crate LS9 motor purchased from summit racing with documented receipt. $20,659
      New custom Speartech harness. I had him extend the wiring for the ECU an extra 10FT in length to run the ECU in the trunk for a really clean look, comes with new injectors and new pedal for drive by wire.$ 4,584
      Entire rotating assembly was purchased by East Bay Muscle car and installed. They invoiced me for that.
      They built a custom one off Cold air ram for the intake with a flush mounted K&N filter on the underside of it that fits over the radiator support when the hood is closed.

TRANSMISSION:
      New in box over built T-56 tranny by D&D performance built for 1,000HP with steel bell housing $3644

WHEELS:
      I ha Chris Coddington come to Poor Boys Hotrods and measure the wheel wells to fit the biggest wheels without any rubbing issues. He milled a full set of one piece wheels that are 19x9 5x4.75 backspacing(Front)
      20x12 5x4 5x4.75 backspacing (Rear) $4200

SAFECRAFT FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM
      I purchased this Haylon fire suppression system to protect my investment. Its mounted in the car or trunk and custom hard lines are run from it to the engine compartment or wherever you want with foggers. Had a rip cord at your reach to pull to put out any fires if there is any.$ 791.70

DIGITAL SEQUENTIAL TAIL LIGHT SYSTEM:
      This system is built into the tail lights so the blinker light slide from one side to another. There is a circuit board built into the system for this. $309

HOOD HINGES:
      Ring Brothers CNC black anodized hood latches for the hood not installed.
      1969 Camaro Billet Hood Hinge Kit - Air Frame Black Anodized with gas shocks $725

HEADLIGHT ACTUATORS:
      Detroit Speed Electronic doors for the headlight covers with concealed actuators. $475

CUSTOM BILLET FENDER BRACES
      Purchased Custom billet fender braces $300

There is a whole lot more that is way too much to list and no short cuts have been done to this Camaro.
      If your seriously interested, email me at [email protected] for a link to hundreds of photos I can send to you and if you want to set up a time to look the car over or call me and see if this is something you want to take on and complete. If your across the country and interested, I would recommend flying out to see it and I can arrange shipping for you.
      I know there are Camaro’s on the web that are selling for close to the same price complete with new sub frames and LS motors and look good from far but most are far from good.
      I have $235,402.00 in documented receipts in hand and have a link to the high price ticket items only adding up to this cost to prove it not including all the cash I paid for random parts.
      I’m asking $95K for everything W/clean title in hand and non-op on the registration.
      FOR THE TROLLS:
      I would appreciate keeping your negative opinions from the post. I don’t drop rude or negative opinions on others post because its rude and disrespectful and would appreciate the same.
      Everything is bought and paid for and is completely documented with receipts and statements.
      Thank you in advance.
      Pictures of full album
      Pictures of Camaro when I purchased it
      Pictures of Roadster Shop Chassis
      Pictures of LS9 Motor
      Speartech LS9 Harness
      Pictures of sheet metal work and body work
      Pictures of Boyd Coddington Wheels
      Wilwood Hydroboost
      Wilwood Brake system
      Line Lock/ Chassis has lines built in for this
      Safecraft fire suppression system
      Exhaust system
      Custom Billet fender braces
      Ring Brothers Hood Hinges
      Receipts for high ticket items only
      Chris Coddington's write up about the car and wheels he did for the car
      Attached Images Attached Images                                              

Whoa. Over the top! It would be a shame to not finish it, you've come so far with a ton of time and bucks.

I'm at the beginning stages of building a house and cant afford to dump more money into the car. I would love to put it in a time capsule and stash it till I'm ready but it just doesn't make sense at this point. I own some back taxes and need to get them paid back. I have over $235,402.00 wrapped into the car and still not done. It's depressing. I just cant justify pouring more into it. What big ticket items to complete the car is fuel system, interior, paint and powder coating, radiator hoses, oil lines, A/C, tires and some other little miscellaneous things. Someone can spend a little bit and get it done and enjoy it or sell it and not take a loss like I am. It's a very hard decision I had to make.

Awesome

What a shame, another build that will never get finished by the owner that started it. It really is amazing how much damage these dirt bag "custom car builders" are doing to the hobby. Especially here in California, where it grew so much. Good luck with the sale.

Yeh man, Poor Boys Hot Rods took me to the cleaners. That's why hes got the name. He turned me into a poor boy. Here's the Excel write up for the parts and work on the car.

Country Flag: Norway
      Oh crap, that's a beatiful and very good potential project. Been thinking about a 69 project but in a year maybe and this would be a good one when my 70 is done. Well guess what, the 70 is getting a paint and body redone this winter and it's a black/white with black vinyl top. I love that combo.

Good luck with the sale and hope it gets a good home.

Is this still available? Thanks

Man I feel your pain. We are on the same pain scale as far as time. I have more money and less to show for it in mine! Yours is almost done! GLWS.
      '69 Charger TT Viper project - SOLD
      '65 Mustang Shelby clone project "almost done"

Quote Originally Posted by Mcfabllc View Post
      Is this still available? Thanks
      Yes sir

Quote Originally Posted by Cop Magnet View Post
      Man I feel your pain. We are on the same pain scale as far as time. I have more money and less to show for it in mine! Yours is almost done! GLWS.
      Yeh, put my car in a bad spot for as much money I dumped into it. Make sure your builder is legit. You might need to tally up your receipts and check all the work done to it. Mine is really close but my priority's have to come first unfortunate. Thank You

Wow, you should have a completed car fir $240k. It’s going to be tough to sell a project for that much money and still need work. I hope the right person comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by ls1240z View Post
      Yeh, put my car in a bad spot for as much money I dumped into it. Make sure your builder is legit. You might need to tally up your receipts and check all the work done to it. Mine is really close but my priority's have to come first unfortunate. Thank You
      - - - Updated - - -

Wow, you should have a completed car fir $240k. It’s going to be tough to sell a project for that much money and still need work. I hope the right person comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by ls1240z View Post
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I've gauged enough interest in the car to know it will sell. Just need that one person that really knows what kind of work has gone into it. Had it sold to a friend of a friend for $100K a week after he dropped a deposit on the same chassis and Nelson motor. That alone cost his $75K with out the work done to the car. He tried to get his money back from Both shops and the were going to keep 1/2 his deposit. He was pretty pissed off because he knows him project is 80% further along then his and has a couple more years to go and $150 more to dump into the car.
      The Chassis, motor W/Harness, wheels, tranny alone are close to $70K let alone the cost of the installation of the chassis correctly and metal work that's been done to it.
      The car needs $30 to $50K to complete depending on which way you go with it. After the car is complete, it will be worth $150K easy. No money will lost.
      Last edited by ls1240z; 09-10-2019 at 07:46 AM. Reason: didn't add enough info

Car is sold

Congrats on the sale.

May I ask what black anodized hood hinges those are? They would match my project perfectly.

Thanks! Alex
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.