Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

700R4 Hard Shift

I recently converts my 69 Camaro to EFI using a Holley Sniper set up, I’m very happy with it. Since I installed it my tranny shifts hard from 1st to 2nd now, is the tv cable set to tight or to loose?

Country Flag: United States
      A "hard" shift is usually a sign your cable is set too tight since it's increasing the line pressure at a quicker rate which then results in a longer, harder shift condition. The tricky part is getting it set correctly since any adjustment you make affects all the gear shifts. The 1-2 shift always seems the hardest because of the massive gear ratio change. I would at least have a transmission shop put a pressure gauge on the trans and set the cable accordingly or look into our Tru-Shift system that will correct your cable length for the Sniper system. Let me know if you have any other questions.
      visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

That’s a great suggestion. Since I’ve posted this I looked on YouTube for help and it was helpful. I think my best bet is to have it checked by a good transmission shop. Leave it to the pros

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com