Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Looking for a shop in the Fresno area

I have a 1970 Pontiac Firebird with a 455/400. I have an electrical short somewhere and I want to swap from a 750 car carb to fuel injection. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Probably not in Fresno. I would recommend taking it to JCG Restoration & Custom in Oxnard. Cris has an employee that is excellent with electrical and rewiring and they know EFI systems.

What EFI system are you planning to use?
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

Steve's Hotrod shop in North West Fresno near Shaw and Golden State, if he has time. Younger guy but very good and honest.

I would recommend Hot Rod Ranch in Lompoc hands down - http://www.hotrodranchcustoms.com

I know it's pretty far, but the prices are very fair and the work is great.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Looking at the Holley sniper efi

Quote Originally Posted by firebirdzig View Post
      Looking at the Holley sniper efi
      Good Choice.

JCG is familiar with the Holley EFI systems and does excellent work. If you need a tuner Autotrends EFI can help you with the fine tuning needs. Although, they are located in Diamond Springs near Placerville, he can tune your ECM remotely over the internet if you have a laptop and internet connection. He has the Holley Advanced Training in the EFI systems.

If you do the install yourself, it is imperative that you connect the power leads for the ECM as directed by the instructions. The leads have to be connected directly to the battery or you will have all sorts of little nuisance problems down the road.
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com