Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Should I be peeved over a Re-stock fee?

So I bought a BAER floater kit from BAER and while it was in transit I decided I rather spend the money and get the DSE kit. I can return the kit to BAER (Its unopened as I received it). However with re-stocking fee! I get the materials cost money and there is some time involved, but should that cost the customer $150-$300 plus the out of pocket expenses for me to ship it back? I think returns are just part of the business and they are rare coming from me. This only supports buying products from Summit and Jegs...sad to say....I will likely not be buying BAER products anymore.

1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Was there a restocking fee policy in place at the time you ordered it?
      Tracey

That's surprising from a decent sized outfit like BAER.

That being said,
      I always buy from Summit when I can, I'll call Wilwood,AFR, TCI, Mcleod...whoever to talk to tech and get the correct p/n#s, then order from Summit/Jegs. it's still supporting the manufacture,they're still selling product right ?

Nobody likes it, but it is part of doing business.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Not a fun part of business but it is necessary. Be sure before you order. Now if they sent you the wrong part and then wanted a restocking fee then that is not justifiable. But in this case you ordered and they sent what you requested. It’s on you

Quote Originally Posted by pro67coupe View Post
      Not a fun part of business but it is necessary. Be sure before you order. Now if they sent you the wrong part and then wanted a restocking fee then that is not justifiable. But in this case you ordered and they sent what you requested. It’s on you

No, a restocking fee was not a disclaimer, even if you go right to their site it doesn't state it (at least I saw anyway). Regardless, I get paying to send it back...Possibly paying a "fee", but surly not a set percentage. Seems like a scheme to make their profit margin off you regardless...I have been buying stuff for decades and have only returned a few things (mostly summit racing) without issues at all. Can you imagine if Autozone or anywhere else we shop charged for returns?
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

I agree on the percentage thing even though that is common. You should cover all shipping expenses and a nominal re-stock fee IMHO. I love summit for these reasons. They seem as friendly and helpful setting up returns as in purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      I agree on the percentage thing even though that is common. You should cover all shipping expenses and a nominal re-stock fee IMHO. I love summit for these reasons. They seem as friendly and helpful setting up returns as in purchases.
      Agree...when some charge and some don't for the same products...you can guess who is getting the business. Some people make money off returning customers and others get your money once and never again. Are you playing the long game or the short game. Summit got big for a reason.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

https://baer.com/Return_Policy.html

Their return policy is right on the Home page under Customer Service. It took 15 seconds to find.
      Tracey

It it makes you feel better, I was out $400 for a hood from a popular carbon part supply company, that had horrible fitment that I returned.

Thread locked. Let's move on, please.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com