Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1970 Camaro LSA build

Hey Guys, after a long delay - I'm starting a thread on my 70 Camaro. I've had the car for a few years, bought it as a running / driving car, took it apart and it's been on the rotisserie ever since. My Daughter bought her first house and Dad got to rebuilt it from the ground floor up, which left me little time to work on the project. Her House is finally done and I'ts full speed ahead! - In the mean time, I've been collecting parts over the last couple of years in preperation for this build. My plans include an LSA engine, T-56 trans, DSE suspension front and rear and some subtle body Mods. I always thought it would be cool to do a series of videos documenting the build process, so I've started my own YouTube channel - DKz Garage. In addition to posting here, I will be uploading videos (on a regular basis) to my channel showing all the work in progress. If you have a minute, check it out ....would love hear your feedback - good or bad Here are a few photos of the car car up to this point. Link to DKz Garage

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKu..._as=subscriber
      Attached Images Attached Images                
      Used to be known as classiccamaro

Quote Originally Posted by DKz Garage View Post
      Hey Guys, after a long delay - I'm starting a thread on my 70 Camaro. I've had the car for a few years, bought it as a running / driving car, took it apart and it's been on the rotisserie ever since. My Daughter bought her first house and Dad got to rebuilt it from the ground floor up, which left me little time to work on the project. Her House is finally done and I'ts full speed ahead! - In the mean time, I've been collecting parts over the last couple of years in preperation for this build. My plans include an LSA engine, T-56 trans, DSE suspension front and rear and some subtle body Mods. I always thought it would be cool to do a series of videos documenting the build process, so I've started my own YouTube channel - DKz Garage. In addition to posting here, I will be uploading videos (on a regular basis) to my channel showing all the work in progress. If you have a minute, check it out ....would love hear your feedback - good or bad Here are a few photos of the car car up to this point. Link to DKz Garage

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKu..._as=subscriber
      I had a 70solid bumper I wish I never sold... It was a great car... Once I'm done with the 1954 I'm either buying another 70 Camaro or a 70s vette

I watched your videos and gave you a subscribe. I also recently started doing more content on YouTube. I've had a channel for years but typically just uploaded lap videos. Now I'm trying to feature more info on the cars and prepping (or repairing them in the case of my Mustang). You can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/c/autoxandtrack
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this...I'm getting close to continuing on my 69 ZL1 LSA build.

Quote Originally Posted by jc70chevy View Post
      I had a 70solid bumper I wish I never sold... It was a great car... Once I'm done with the 1954 I'm either buying another 70 Camaro or a 70s vette
      I have a friend with a 51 he might be selling.... I was thinking about a build similar to yours, He'd probably kill me (he's old school)!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcatter View Post
      Looking forward to seeing the progress on this...I'm getting close to continuing on my 69 ZL1 LSA build.
      Thanks Snowcatter..... I'm going to post pics here and links to the videos as well. Do you have a link to your build?

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
      I watched your videos and gave you a subscribe. I also recently started doing more content on YouTube. I've had a channel for years but typically just uploaded lap videos. Now I'm trying to feature more info on the cars and prepping (or repairing them in the case of my Mustang). You can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/c/autoxandtrack
      Hey Chad..... subbed to your channel....looks like some great content!!

It looks like a great project. Subscribed!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

A little work on the trunk as I cut out the rusted section...... Video will be uploaded soon!
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Good job bud

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      It looks like a great project. Subscribed!
      Thanks Wayne!

Awsome, nice to see you digging into it. As always, feel free to PM me for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyP View Post
      Awsome, nice to see you digging into it. As always, feel free to PM me for any info.
      Thanks Buddy! Your car turned out awesome..... I'm sure as I move forward, I'll be picking your brain.

Dave

Country Flag: Canada
      Subscribed
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Check out the latest video on DKz Garage as we start the trunk pan repair / replacement on the 70 Camaro.

https://youtu.be/eY5xOwq4UZc

Dave, looks good,keep the pics coming ,,,, here too!
      Tom

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLECAR View Post
      Dave, looks good,keep the pics coming ,,,, here too!
      Thanks Tom!..... Will do.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com