Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hand brake for Buick Grand National with Corvette z06 caliper conversion

Hello,
      I have a 87 Buick Grand National that I had the rear drums converted to C6 Z06 calipers using Kore 3 brackets and lost the ebrake. Wondering if any one has figured out a way to install an ebrake ?Name:  07067268-78AB-423D-ABB8-C86FC285BD57.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  328.1 KB

With the park brake in a drum there is likely a lever that is used to apply them. I did this too many years ago to really remember, and it was using the '98 - '02 Camaro brakes.

The backing plates and such were swapped side-to-side as in the stock configuration the levers were pulled from the back of the car. This changed it to pull from the front.

Made two brackets that used a bolt on the flange, along with two gadgets to connect the cable end to the brake lever. The brackets were slotted so that they could be adjusted.

Bob.

Country Flag: United States
      I thought Kore was selling the E-Brake kits? If you don't want to run a lever or pedal, we do now have the E-Stopp - Push button electric E-brake kits available. We have sold a LOT of these recently as more guys learn about them. Let me know if I can be of help.
      Matt
      MCB - Matt's Classic Bowties
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)
      www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]
      Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts
      Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
      We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
      We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!

When I do my g-body rear discs, I've thought about a 2nd set of hydraulic calipers & hydraulic parking brake, which drifters do this. Also noticed twin rear calipers on last gen Vipers.
      Edit:: noticed I posted that in your old thread from 2017.
      Not sure if there may be a way to splice in to rear hyd line with a hyd handbrake .

For my g body I was looking at either an electric setup or using a 5th gen camaro handle I have with conversion cables

I have the same, z06 brakes, Wilwood ebrakes, now my master cylinder is leaking (rust). Which master cylinder do you have? I'm trying to buy something that looks good and also works well with the breaks.

Thanks

What rear axle do you have in it?

Not sure how many of your existing parts would carry over but here is a option if it's the original rear axle.

https://bigbrakeupgrade.com/product/...lt-late-model/

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com