Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1969 Camaro spring height

I have finally started making serious headway into getting my 69 back on the road. From job, and child responsibilities. To tearing my knee up badly tripping over my dog at 2am, surgery, and toxicity from the meds.

The car is going to be pretty much a stripper with only effectively front seats, and a carpet kit. I will add a fiberglass hood when budget allows.

Well the car is now higher then factory, and I have 2" drop springs on it. The rear multi pack was de-arched from age, and slightly to match fronts. Back from when it last ran. I know it needs to settle a little bit again, but it still has not really. I know the springs are set correctly in the saddles. Having checked that first when it wouldn't drop down.

Would swapping from a all iron 400sbc to a aluminum headed 350 LT1 reverse cooled make that much a difference? It was nice and low where I want it back then.

I am swapping my rear axle out for a BOP 8.5, and will fix the rear at that point.

So my concept is to use only modified factory style stuff some like Smokey Yunick would of done back in the day. I meant stock pieces. Never modified. I do not want cool overs at this point, but may go for it in a couple years after I really finish the car.

Does anyone have the the spring height measurements for a stock 69? Or some A-Arm to frame measurement I can recreate?

Thanks.

Sitzungstiefpunkt und fahrend langsam

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com