Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Center console for bench seat chevelle.

After a lot of searching the junk yards I found a perfect donor. It's out of a 95 explorer limited w/ rear air. I just cut it down, took out all internals and fab'd up some mounts. Then I painted it and added the stainless cup holders. The contours and shape is perfect. Had to keep the bench seat it's a wife thing!

Attached Images Attached Images    

that looks sweet
      Dave

Country Flag: United States
      Looks good!

Nice job! Looks factory! I'm thinking of doing something similar in my 72' LeMans... Can you shoot a pic of where it connects to the dash? I'd like to see the fit there.
      1972 Pontiac LeMans Luxury

Name:  console.jpg
Views: 3432
Size:  319.2 KB

Here is a close up fits real good. If you get one it has to be a limited version explorer with rear console air. Then you need to take out all the guts, cut to fit and fab up some brackets and mounts.
      Jason K.

"From my cold dead hands!" That's what I tell my wife when she wants to drive.

Very COOL! I have to get down to the local pick and pull and see if I can track a console down. Did you have a pic before cutting it down for those who's wives insisted on bucket and cup-holders.
      Mike Martin
      Heavy Chevy 2.0: 71 Heavy Chevy, Unisteer,SC&C, GW,Eibach,Bilstein,Helwig,Showwheels-Streeters, Carb'd LS-327 W-200-4R

LS-327 powered, Atomic EFI on the way

Did you take out the vent tube under the console. Did you leave the bracket in the front?

Don't matter what a part like that came from , only the final result, which looks as good as something you could have paid 10 times more for.
      I won't tell you got a Ford console if you don't tell I got Lexus headrests.

How much does the console limit the travel of the seat?

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com