Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

L94 block Cracked!! Can this be fixed?

I need to know if this can be fixed? Or can I still run this block as is? The crack goes through the dowel pin area. If this needs to be fixed can someone recommend a great place to take it in Texas.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Country Flag: United States
      If the dowel pins still locates the block and you still got all of your motor mount bolt holes honestly I say you're fine to run it the way it is as long as nothing else is supported there mainland because the Dow pain just locates the engine center to center and you don't have major hole damage so the dowel pin appears to be doing at your job the one thing I would stress make sure your bowl holes are clean you lube proper bolts and spec out some good high quality grade 8 bolts or something in a black oxide finish or possibly an ARP style bolt and use a torque wrench for the grade and thread size and length of bolt very critically make sure they are tight you might even also spec putting a little bit of blue loctite on your bellhousing bolts and just keep an eye on things if it's cast iron you technically could take it somewhere to anybody that weld cast iron with these new cast iron rods they are very very easy to do they will take a grinder v-notch out the crack weld it up and then can use a die grinder with a sand roll or carbide Burr in smooth things back out but personally as long as it's still locates the engine properly and you're making sure that you have the down pain supporting the whole engine appropriately not sagging against the crack and it's properly toured with good bowls I don't think you have any problems honestly.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com