Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Optima Street Challenge-vegas

I am planning on hitting the OSC on the day after SEMA closes in Vegas. I've never been to one before. Is there a spectator fee for admission? Is it worth going for a spectator?

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by firebob View Post
      I am planning on hitting the OSC on the day after SEMA closes in Vegas. I've never been to one before. Is there a spectator fee for admission? Is it worth going for a spectator?
      yes, there is spectating and it does cost money. I don’t recall what is was, but I want to say it was less than $20. I have gone a couple times, but it wasn’t spectator friendly in my opinion. They do a horrible job at this, but this year might be better. It was way better when it was at Parumph.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

We didn't find it very spectator friendly. We went a number of times when it was in parumph. Much better there spectatorwise. But if you're there you should go at least once
      Quote Originally Posted by firebob View Post
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Only time I went to the USCA in Vegas it cost $30 each and it not user friendly at all. The only way to see the autocross was to stand and look through a chain link fence. No view of the road course, which they weren't running the day we were there. The only one you could comfortably watch was the speed stop because it was in the BullRing so there were seats. Design and engineering is just a bunch of people standing around a couple cars, can't see or hear anything.

Only good thing was to listen to all the roaring V8s that were there. otherwise, pretty much impossible to actually tell what is going on. Easier to watch the show when they release it, even thought they will only focus on the guys who have a chance of winning.
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

There's no announcer to hear the times or any other pertinent information about what is going on. If you're there when they are doing the road course, you can get the times using and paying for the Race Monitor SmartApp. Personally, its not worth the money spent. You can get more info by watching it on MavTV, if you can get MavTV.
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

Too bad, the Pahrump event was better in every way. Back then I thought: Man, this is world class!
      70 GTO - Alum 5.3/4L80e, 7875
      17 GT350

I have gone to the event 3 times after SEMA. It was better back in about 2014. The autocross and speed stop was right in front of you and only a concrete barrier separated you from the cars. Since then it is not as good for the spectator. The others have given you an accurate representation of the event so I will refrain from telling you the same things. It was $30 the last time I went but they do give you a free t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by nokones View Post
      There's no announcer to hear the times or any other pertinent information about what is going on. If you're there when they are doing the road course, you can get the times using and paying for the Race Monitor SmartApp. Personally, its not worth the money spent. You can get more info by watching it on MavTV, if you can get MavTV.
      Actually, you don't have to download the app. You can view the results on the racemonitor site.

All of the results are available live by going to http://driveusca.com/livets/ From there you click the segment you want to view (autocross, speed stop or road course).

For OUSCI, where spectator tickets cost money I do think it would be cool to have announcing on the autocross and speed stop. I've suggested it before.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Mistry View Post
      I watched it with my friends. It's much cheaper than to drive there myself. It's much more comfortable to stay at home, watch it on my BIG-A** plasma while playing with this website . I don't what else to say here. It's just more convenient.
      Oh there's no replacement for loud V8 rumbles and the smell of race gas...Its an exciting feeling. I just don't like seeing the same cars every year. Its kind of changed from an ultimate street car to a race car that can be driven on the street.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Oh there's no replacement for loud V8 rumbles and the smell of race gas...Its an exciting feeling. I just don't like seeing the same cars every year. Its kind of changed from an ultimate street car to a race car that can be driven on the street.
      Its become,those that have the most money win type of thing
      In my opinion.
      I did meet one of the entrants l,don't know his name.
      Has a rubber nose camaro sbc powered.
      I really liked his own built suspension.
      Anti LS,cool gentlemen.
      Attached Images Attached Images      
      72 chevelle.

Well we ended up going out to the track and figured since we were there we'd volunteer to help out. We ended up chasing cones on the auto-X course. Talk about being close to the action. Met some nice people. Had a great lunch. It was fun. I was almost ready to volunteer to help out in Saudi Arabia, which is where the show goes next year. That might be a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelletiger View Post
      Its become,those that have the most money win type of thing
      In my opinion.
      I did meet one of the entrants l,don't know his name.
      Has a rubber nose camaro sbc powered.
      I really liked his own built suspension.
      Anti LS,cool gentlemen.

That car also doesn’t fit “street car” in my opinion. No heat, No AC...I’m curious at what the interior looks like. Looks like he did plenty of modifications. Frame looks notched/narrowed, fabricated upper control arm mounts etc. People who are anti-LS are ignorant. You can use what ever engine you want, but to be “against” LS engines is a different attitude.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

That is Dusty Nixons car, he and his Dad have built that in there garage and it runs at the top of the charts wherever it goes. Good people and a great car, exactly what I think this sport needs more of.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      That car also doesn’t fit “street car” in my opinion. No heat, No AC...I’m curious at what the interior looks like. Looks like he did plenty of modifications. Frame looks notched/narrowed, fabricated upper control arm mounts etc. People who are anti-LS are ignorant. You can use what ever engine you want, but to be “against” LS engines is a different attitude.
      He isn't against ls,just his preference,and ignorant he wasnt.
      If usc was like more rule based,the competitors would have the same hp,CID motors.not a 1000hpVs 300hp coilover suspensions vs coil spring adjustable shocks you get the picture.
      Btw your dse equip,set up,my speedtech coilover mounted shocks,would not fly in a spec class all of the kits on the market once derived from custom one off race parts,isn't that how kyle,and stacy tucker started,making one off parts in ther garage??
      Ignorance is bliss.
      72 chevelle.

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      That is Dusty Nixons car, he and his Dad have built that in there garage and it runs at the top of the charts wherever it goes. Good people and a great car, exactly what I think this sport needs more of.
      Yes great peeps,talk with the older gentlemen which must be his dad,very humble guy.
      And yes there needs to be more like that in this hobby/fun sport
      72 chevelle.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelletiger View Post
      He isn't against ls,just his preference,and ignorant he wasnt.
      If usc was like more rule based,the competitors would have the same hp,CID motors.not a 1000hpVs 300hp coilover suspensions vs coil spring adjustable shocks you get the picture.
      Btw your dse equip,set up,my speedtech coilover mounted shocks,would not fly in a spec class all of the kits on the market once derived from custom one off race parts,isn't that how kyle,and stacy tucker started,making one off parts in ther garage??
      Ignorance is bliss.

I feel the original intent of the “ultimate street car” is lost without boundaries. What is a street car these days? Just registered and insured? In some states you can register and insure anything...

The new cars is a touchy subject...I can have 1000hp, no cats, headers etc and it’s all cool in New Mexico, but no bueno in California due to inspections and emissions.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com