Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I like the blue but why did you do a burnout in your garage?!?

1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I like the blue but why did you do a burnout in your garage?!?
      I think he's was check the transmission... Make sure it would shift through all gears

Lol it was the fourth of July and i just got it running again. Wasnt planning on a burnout but my buddy talked me into it. It was definately a bad idea in the garage. I was scrubbing rubber off of everything and then the rubber in the air landed and i was scrubbing again. Never done one inside and never will again lol.

Name:  20190127_160928.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  495.3 KBName:  20190127_160937.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  232.3 KB
      Was having a brake issue where my pedal was pulsing and pulling to the side. I took the front suspension apart (good excuse) i took the wheel bearings out and regreased them. New brake pads, and then i saw these beauties. From what it looks like the PO swapped the entire braking system from the donor gbody into this car. I will have to go through and replace and rebend all new lines once i upgrade my front and rear brakes. I plan to swap the s10 spindles in the front and matching rotors eventually and when i decide on my rear (prob a ford 8.8) i can upgrade those then i will run my new lines and prop valve. Front end is feeling better now on to the back.

So i started working on the rear next.
      This "lowering kit" was so sketchy in surprised it worked. A G-Body 10 bolt 7.5" rear was swapped in. The perches were bubble gum welded in. The wrong u-bolts were added and sone stupid lowering blocks were added to some form of plate. Everything was bent or half ass welded. I removed all the dumb **** and replaced with some u-bolts i had in my drawer. This will hold me over until i decide on what rear im going to run. Im looking for either a 8.8 or a 8.5" 10 bolt. Name:  20190526_133713 (1).jpg
Views: 557
Size:  489.0 KBName:  20190526_133657 (1).jpg
Views: 582
Size:  211.0 KBName:  20190526_133719 (1).jpg
Views: 568
Size:  253.1 KB

Looks safe to me.
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

Upside down pigeon s&#t I was looking for that same rearend u have in there now...

Its a 7.5" i guess if your not looking for racing or any power it can hold well. I should have a swap candidate lined up soon once i figure it out. I dont know if you would drive that far for a rear but if you do its yours when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtrhd329 View Post
      Its a 7.5" i guess if your not looking for racing or any power it can hold well. I should have a swap candidate lined up soon once i figure it out. I dont know if you would drive that far for a rear but if you do its yours when it comes out.
      Do you know the hub to hub measure ment?

Should be 57 5/8 axle flange to axle flange. Never measured it. Came from a 78-88 monte carlo ish car. Best i can tell.

Should be 57 5/8 axle flange to axle flange. Never measured it. Came from a 78-88 monte carlo ish car. Best i can tell.
      Yeah I have a 8.5 out if a Camaro which is 60"hub to hub and wheels sit a lil closer to quarter then I'd like....

I loved my little 8.5. I welded the tubes and ran a true trac in her and never had an issue. And i was driving it like i stole it. There were times i was racing and snapped lug studs off and sent the wheel flying, or snapped the panhard mount and drug the ground. It didnt car it was pretty stout.

Name:  ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417150424.037613-1.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  246.8 KB

So the 50 pontiac has a unique x frame that seems to be pretty strong......unless someone has given a plasma to a small child to cut holes all in it. So now will start the fun process of cutting out the cut up x brace and making a decent transmission crossmember and frame bracing.

Im thinking i may use 1x4 box tubing for the crossmember and 1" round tube for my bracing. Should be strong enough. I also will cut out the fsctory shock crossmember since i can move it with a single finger and make a stronger one. I have 1/8" plate i picked up to box the frame. We will see how long it takes me to get to that. If i box it i will want to dimole die holes in the boxing plates and that will take time. I may try and find a hydraulic press for cheap, that would make the dimples easier.

Name:  ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417150424.037613-1.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  246.8 KB

So the 50 pontiac has a unique x frame that seems to be pretty strong......unless someone has given a plasma to a small child to cut holes all in it. So now will start the fun process of cutting out the cut up x brace and making a decent transmission crossmember and frame bracing.

Im thinking i may use 1x4 box tubing for the crossmember and 1" round tube for my bracing. Should be strong enough. I also will cut out the fsctory shock crossmember since i can move it with a single finger and make a stronger one. I have 1/8" plate i picked up to box the frame. We will see how long it takes me to get to that. If i box it i will want to dimole die holes in the boxing plates and that will take time. I may try and find a hydraulic press for cheap, that would make the dimples easier.
      Did you see the lil frame bracing I did I used 3x3.120 it wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be but I didn't have a tubing bender or I would have done tubing also.. ur guna kill it

Pic of mine urs will be betterName:  Screenshot_20190907-103838.jpeg
Views: 498
Size:  62.9 KB

Name:  20190827_171558.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  274.9 KBName:  20190827_171618.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  157.6 KBName:  20190907_130832.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  176.3 KB
      Got some work done today. It was a bitch cutting out the x frame. It is riveted in place and welded top and bottom. Normally wouldnt be so hard but the body is still on amd its hard to cut the top of the frame. Creative work with the air chisel and the sawzall and i got it out. Made the crossmember removable with 8 bolts. Used 2x4 .120 wall sideways to help box the frame around my tie in points. Ran 1" .120 wall tubing as bracing to make the triangles. I got some 1/8 plate i will cut up and make boxing plates. I found my dimple die and i will be using that to dimple the plates to save weight. Once the plates are in i can run additional bracing until i have no deflection in the frame when i jack it up. I plan to run new brake lines once i have to plates in and run my fuel lines inside the frame rail.

Killer work buddy keep it up...

I love these car so cool looking.

Got around to measuring drive line angle.....wowName:  Screenshot_20190811-155646_TREMEC.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  72.4 KB

Looks like i will need about 6 degrees of pinion shim to correct this issue. Maybe i need to cut off the booger weld axle saddles that were welding on and instal new ones at the correct angle. I HATE grinding. Takes forever and gets black stuff everywhere. Oh well time to hike up my skirt and set my purse down and start cutting.

Got around to measuring drive line angle.....wowName:  Screenshot_20190811-155646_TREMEC.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  72.4 KB

Looks like i will need about 6 degrees of pinion shim to correct this issue. Maybe i need to cut off the booger weld axle saddles that were welding on and instal new ones at the correct angle. I HATE grinding. Takes forever and gets black stuff everywhere. Oh well time to hike up my skirt and set my purse down and start cutting.
      Put ur purse down and get after it sister...lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com