Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1972 Pro tour Chevelle

Just picked up this project yesterday, and an incredible amount of work and engineering has already been put into it. Its a 72, with a 70 front end. I wish I would of had the additional funds to buy the engine and trans with it, but I bought it as a roller. The frame has been boxed, and a chicane mod done on front. It has hydroboost brake set up with Camaro ZL1 6 piston 14" rotors up front and 4 piston 14" rotors in back. It has ridetech 3 way adjustable coil overs at all for corners, ridetech spindles, and ridetech strong arm lower arms and SPC upper. The real feat of engineering is at the rear, it has a 2013 ZL1 independent suspension grafted in. There was not room for the shock spings to fit without notching the factory frame, so a custom built cantilever set up is in trunk with shocks mounted horizontally. Here are a few pictures of the car in its present state and the mods that have been done.Attachment 166613Attachment 166614Attachment 166615Attachment 166616Attachment 166617
      Attached Images Attached Images                

Country Flag: Canada
      I've tossed some thought into a irs ... quite cool
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Country Flag: United States
      There was a lot of thought that went into the IRS engineering. The cradle unbolts just like on the ZR1. To change ride height, you use different thickness mounting spacers to move it up or down without changing axle and arm angles. There is about 1 1/2 more available to lower rear of car.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com