Originality vs value?

I hope this is the right section for this question. I've found a ss el camino. 396 BBC. But it's not the original engine. Different year and horsepower. How much does that effect value.

Is it a rarer model, 1 of X amount, 90 point car that you want to make 100 point? Then you would want one with the correct date codes.

Otherwise you shouldn't lose one nights sleep over it.
    Tracey

Country Flag: United States
    If it's a nice restored numbers matching 396 EL Camino, how much would it be worth $25K-30k ? with a non numbers 396 $20K-25k? If it was a Yenko or Boss 429 with the wrong engine the price might very a lot more.
    I don't know what #s ElCamino are going for, I can see a original #s matching LS6 getting more than just a 454 truck transplant.

It's an el camino, do as you please.
    1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
    1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
    2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

^^^^
    What they said!
    Steve Hayes
    "Dust Off"
    68 Camaro

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!
    "Jeremy Clarkson"

Country Flag: Canada
    Lol x3... btw my chevelle was a numbers matching 396 4 speed no stripes vinyl top car ... I threw it all away . I have an emotional attachment to the car and I could care about originality. It's yours do what you please
    Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
    On twitter @raustinss
    On Instagram austinss70

Just to relate.................I restored a numbers matching 71 BB El Camino for my Dad years ago and when the time came to paint it we went with silver as opposed to the original blue simply because EVERY other one we saw was blue. It never bothered us one bit.
    Tracey

Country Flag: Swaziland
    The question is value, not should he mod it lol

This place is all about updating the car. You might get better answers on value at team chevelle
    Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ... My junk, featuring the Red Dragon ... NastyZ28 ... NJ Camaros & Firebirds

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
    I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

thanks guys. It was for my dad. I was doing the searching. Unfortunately he changed his mind about it. His first choice was a 67-68 C10 and the 69-70 el camino was his second choice. I said he wanted to wait and find a C10. If you know of any already restored please let me know. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
    The question is value, not should he mod it lol

This place is all about updating the car. You might get better answers on value at team chevelle

The older i get...the more I care less about preserving anything for value. Itís all about living and enjoying it!
    1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371