Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

2013 SS Camaro swap into 69 Camaro

Need help with firing it up car won’t start and my link locked

Country Flag: United States
      You're gonna need to provide more information - What was swapped into the 69 from the 13? Engine/trans, or the entire dash/electronics?

Did it at least crank?
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Everything from the 2013SS complete wiring harness,complete dash with original key complete dash AC,wiper motor,seats,brakes,radiator,condenser,pedals,brake booster,engine,bcm,all modules,fuel pump, evap The only stuff I’m not using is mirrors,seat belts. I use HP tuners Pro for all my LS projects never had a problem until now. I’m getting a Unable to detect vehicle diagnostic protocol when I hook up my scanner or editor. This now LS3 was in my sons 2013 SS Camaro we did a cam change and spring change he ran it for a couple of years then we built a LS9 for him so this was the perfect fit along with his 6l80e
      I need to change the tune because this is the original ecu that came with the junkyard 2013SS Camaro
      No it didn’t crank, the lights work, wipers, ac controls, sounds like the throttle body is picking up the signal when key first turns on as normal. The MyLink screen says locked
      I’ve tried all the tricks I know any help would be great
      Thanks

It sounds like you are not able to communicate w the ECM via the diagnostic connector. If that is the case, it will not run until you are able to access the ecm & turn off the VATS and everything start/run related. That includes the brake pedal depress unless you wired that in as well. Is the 13 ECM from an automatic? If it happens to be a manual ecm file, you will need to get one with an automatic file. Right now I think you need to establish why there is no connection between the diagnostic & ecm. I have never swapped everything like you have, but I'd say a continuity test of the diagnostic connector it your starting point, if I'm understanding your description.

I was able to borrow a friends snap on 15k scanner and did learn a few things that will get it going. I guess all modules weren’t from the same vehicle! Thanks a lot junk yard guys!
      When certain modules are programmed and configured during installation, the module learns a specific environment identifier which is unique to the vehicle. The environment identifier is used to prevent the swapping modules between vehicles. The body control module (BCM) is the keeper of the environment identifier. The instrument cluster, electronic brake control module (EBCM), HVAC control module, sensing and diagnostic module (SDM), engine control module (ECM), and steering column lock control module, if equipped, each learn the environment identifier during their configuration process. During vehicle operation, each of these modules compare their environment identifier to that of the BCM. If the identifiers match, vehicle starting is allowed. If an environment identifier does not match, vehicle starting is disabled.So I talked to a tech at GM and he said I could get it in service and have them reprogram the modules and unlock the security then I can tune it with my HP tuners program
      Last edited by Outlaw 632; 08-14-2019 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Attached something wrong

I'd love to see a build thread if you have one, I've also swapped a bunch of parts over from the 5th gen, just not relying on any of the electronics.
      plenty of problems still to solve however. the biggest one being regarding the steering column.

Country Flag: Canada
      Amazing amount of knowledge you have about this swap. I too would love to see your build progress from the start. I'm starting a similar build.

I'm doing this same build, except with a ZL1 donor...there are probably many things we can learn from each other. You can see my progress by searching "Midnight Phoenix"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com