Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

GMPP E67 PCM Reverse Lockout Wiring

I posted on anoter post with this question, but I did not hear back. This may be a better spot for the question anyway. Am I right in seeing that on an E67 pcm I just need add a pin or tap into pin 8 on the C3 connector and bring that wire to the reverse lockout solenoid and take the other wire from the solenoid to a switched power? Seems pretty easy to forgo spending $100 on a reverse lockout module. Am I missing something here? None of the pinout diagrams I have seen anything on pin 8 but I have seen it referenced a few places.

Country Flag: United States
      That seems correct. Then enable it using hp tuners

Yeah, that sounds right. I did it in my GMPP PCM. You have to remove the plug (in the particular pin location in the connector) and add a pin to that connector. Connect the other wire (on the RLO plug) to an IGN source. The PCM sends a ground signal to activate the circuit. I didn't enable it in the tune though, works fine. What trans are you running? If you have anything but a 40 tooth trans, you WILL have to reprogram it in the tune for everything to work correctly. I can tell you what to do in that aspect (what setting you have to change).
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Thanks guys I am running a T56 super magnum that comes with the connect and cruise kit. No idea what the tooth count is on it anyone know off hand? I am sure I can research it if necessary. Anyone have the pin type I need to fit this plug? I feel like this swap with all the goodies I am adding has every connector pin known to man in it!

Looks like I found the connector pin necessary, of course it is one I don't have, Molex MX64 33467-005 please correct me if I am wrong.

Connector J3, Pin 8 is the Reverse Lockout pin.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

You will be fine with that super magnum. They are a 40 tooth vss reluctor. The regular magnum is a 12.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      You will be fine with that super magnum. They are a 40 tooth vss reluctor. The regular magnum is a 12.
      Slightly more of a pain to switch and trick. I think I learned how to do it with a old thread of yours and it also corrected speedometer on hp tuners. Without doing the scaling it was throwing a check engine light above 120mph

I added the reverse lock out to my E67 harness. Let me know if you need a pin. I have the right ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarson25 View Post
      Looks like I found the connector pin necessary, of course it is one I don't have, Molex MX64 33467-005 please correct me if I am wrong.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com