Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Ride tech vs DSE upper control arm

Hi guys, just wanted to know which of these have the most wheel clearance on 67 Camaro. I have some adjustable A arm right know that I would like to take off because of the design of the upper ball joint bracket is close to hitting on full lock right and left.

Country Flag: United States
      I haven't seen on any of the forums that clearance was an issue with either of those. do you have some 335s on front or something ?

Id say if you're running a stock sub frame, the clearance issue will come from the frame rail before it comes from the a-arms. I talked to a guy last weekend at the Drive Autox event with a 68 Camaro, stock sub frame and DSE speed three kit running a 315 front tire and he didn't have full lock to lock steering without rubbing on the frame rails. Not sure what his wheel spacing was, though. I run a DSE sub with 275/35-18 tire on a 9.5" wheel with 6.375" BS and have no issues.
      Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

I run 275s as well with DSE. I have seen bigger tires but they always show signs of rubbing on the lower control arm or sway bar. Never have I heard upper control arms causing issues. I feel you’ll be fine with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmachine1911 View Post
      Id say if you're running a stock sub frame, the clearance issue will come from the frame rail before it comes from the a-arms. I talked to a guy last weekend at the Drive Autox event with a 68 Camaro, stock sub frame and DSE speed three kit running a 315 front tire and he didn't have full lock to lock steering without rubbing on the frame rails. Not sure what his wheel spacing was, though. I run a DSE sub with 275/35-18 tire on a 9.5" wheel with 6.375" BS and have no issues.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      I run 275s as well with DSE. I have seen bigger tires but they always show signs of rubbing on the lower control arm or sway bar. Never have I heard upper control arms causing issues. I feel you’ll be fine with either.
      This thread is referencing 1st gen Camaro’s Rockstar! Not 2nd gen.

I like the way DSE has there caster setting straight forward and backward...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com