Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hydraulic Lift Brand Recommendations

Anyone have any hydraulic lift brand recommendations or equally interested in brands to stay away from? This will be for residential. Currently in planning stages building a new house. Already have the concrete slab in the garage being poured an extra couple inches to handle the lift. Garage will be 25 feet deep with a height of at least 15 feet, hopefully more. I've been looking at Mac Tools lifts, just curious if anyone has any feedback on their lifts or if there is anything else I should or shouldn't be looking at.

Thanks!
      1969 Chevelle SS 396 & 2011 Chevrolet Corvette

BendPak is a very popular standard. They're cheaper ones out there but something that will be holding a car over your head is no place to pinch pennies.
      Tracey

I wouldn't buy a screwdriver from Mac tools. They haven't been relevant for years. The service after the sale of any lift or product you buy is important to.

I have a Bendpak in my home shop and when I asked the installer which lift he recommended he said out of all the lifts he's installed in 15 years Rotary had the best quality for the money. He said Bendpak was 2nd best because the bendpak 10k lift I had installed was about another $1200 from Rotary.

Id still buy another Bendpak if needed. Depending on your budget you can shop around and get deals even from bendpak. I bought a 10k Asymmetrical lift that was forklift scratched for $2000 shipped to a local loading doc. Just call them directly and ask for discounted products. I do this all the time with any larger purchase and usually score big discounts. You can even ask them to throw in accessories for a discount at the time of purchase.

Ahmad
      Ahmad B.

I have a couple of Direct Lifts. They have served me well for many years and are certified. My two post lift is used daily. Most low cost lifts are not certified and I wouldn’t use a lift that is not certified.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Direct Lift.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

My buddy's shop/club house has a 10k lb BendPak, it's nice, I like it and use it, But It's no where near as beefy as the old all USA made Mohawk I have in my shop at work. Mohawk uses a big @ ss chain instead of cable.

https://mohawklifts.com/library/broc...x8_singles.pdf

Rotary Lifts
      https://rotarylift.com

I went with a Revolution RTP10 for my hobby shop. The local equipment supply company I purchased it from installs and services Rotary, Revolution and Direct Lift (owned by same parent company I believe). I went in to buy a Rotary, but the revolution looked almost as beefy, cost much less, and has all the same certifications.

Those of you with a 4 post Direct Lift with 110v, how long does it take to raise from ground level to full raised position?

I'll be ordering a Direct Lift ProPark 8 in a few months, and need to decide if it's worth the upgrade to 220v and having 220v ran to my garage.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      Those of you with a 4 post Direct Lift with 110v, how long does it take to raise from ground level to full raised position?

I'll be ordering a Direct Lift ProPark 8 in a few months, and need to decide if it's worth the upgrade to 220v and having 220v ran to my garage.
      My two post is 220 and my 4 post is 110. The four post is slow if you are working and need to raise and lower the car many times in the course of the job. Go 220 if you have it available.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I work in a Midas and my boss has bought three twin post asymmetric lifts. We have three and three rotary. Only issues with Rotary have been motor capacitors.
      https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/S...BoCF5MQAvD_BwE
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com