Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
      OK simple fix.. pull the solenoid out.. trim the spring down and reinstall.
      Blog post here.. https://www.grannasracing.com/blogs/...se-lockout-mod
      This is what I did. I cut just a little more off mine.
      Easy shift into reverse (with one hand..lol) and it stays in the 5/6 gate when shifting to 5th.

I used to swap in a soft spring that I purchased of ebay. I did this for several builds years ago. I never liked it, and one time on a WOT 4-5 shift... i hit the reverse gate. It never actually went in (grinded). It damaged the trans though. So I asked my harness builder if we could make the factory solenoid activate. He says yes of course. Been using the ecm ever since. I don't use the E67 because I just don't care for it. The E38 is my preference. I would get an E38 w an 06 or 07 LS2 manual (6 speed)corvette file in it. I know that will solve your issue. I have run into weird glitches not starting off with the file that closely matches the engine/trans. Lots of ways to make things work in these swaps. But this has worked best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      I'm not the OP, i was just asking... The LS7 and LS3 both use e67.

Based on what i see the OP should have an E38 ECU if its from a 2007 Silverado. Assuming he bought both the ECU and harness from PSI, it should be wired for reverse lockout. He could possibly have that ECU overwritten with a base tune from an LS2 Corvette with manual wich i belive had e38 also?
      The E67 isn’t actually a LS3/LS7 ECU. A factory ECU for these engines was mainly the the E38. Most of the new trucks, Hummers, LS9 and some LS3s saw the E67.
      Based on my limited tuning knowledge, the car being and auto or manual is not part of the tune. When you move a tune from one ECU to another, your just changing running parameters.

Its important to know what ECU the OP is running. It may not be wired correctly. The signal from the computer is a ground, you would need to run a 12v power source to make it work.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

auto & manual is def a part of the file. At least in the factory tunes. U can change it in HP tuners or efi live, etc, but that doesn't actually change the file like in the old 411 ecm.. For example, The LS2 MAP sens is different from LS3. If you try to run an automatic file w a manual trans, you need to wire in a TCM to get the correct speedo voltage. Otherwise the ecm reads 12 volts,and sees 158mph all the time. I bought a PSi computer for an LS2/T56 build a few years ago. I asked for an LS2 manual file from an 07 corvette. I had several issues, and upon pulling the file it was for an 08 corvette. 6 months and many hours on the phone, It never got fixed. The told me they don't have any LS2 files. He assured me they changed everything needed in the tune for an LS2. Finally I bought a blank ecm and had the LS2 file loaded on it. Every single problem was fixed. This has happened to others and in another build of mine. There are so many variables, and some have ways of getting around it. I'm just trying to help simplify. Oh, and the newer ecms don't like to be overwritten with a different file lol. Have a couple that we bricked experimenting

Quote Originally Posted by Z06vet View Post
      auto & manual is def a part of the file. At least in the factory tunes. U can change it in HP tuners or efi live, etc, but that doesn't actually change the file like in the old 411 ecm.. For example, The LS2 MAP sens is different from LS3. If you try to run an automatic file w a manual trans, you need to wire in a TCM to get the correct speedo voltage. Otherwise the ecm reads 12 volts,and sees 158mph all the time. I bought a PSi computer for an LS2/T56 build a few years ago. I asked for an LS2 manual file from an 07 corvette. I had several issues, and upon pulling the file it was for an 08 corvette. 6 months and many hours on the phone, It never got fixed. The told me they don't have any LS2 files. He assured me they changed everything needed in the tune for an LS2. Finally I bought a blank ecm and had the LS2 file loaded on it. Every single problem was fixed. This has happened to others and in another build of mine. There are so many variables, and some have ways of getting around it. I'm just trying to help simplify. Oh, and the newer ecms don't like to be overwritten with a different file lol. Have a couple that we bricked experimenting

Do you have a pic of HP tuners for that file screen? I just don’t remember there being one for manual transmission to turn on or off reverse lock out.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Honestly...I really didn't agree that your current ECU wouldn't work because it was an auto car. What type of ECU is it? E38/E67 etc?

Did you pin the socket on the harness?

I could be off base here, but an E67 is an E67....For example I have a E67 for a LS3. I have it running an LS7. Additionally, the GM harness didn't have a wire or a pin for the reverse lock-out and I added it and it works fine.
      What do you mean by pin the socket on the harness?

Quote Originally Posted by firebirdzig View Post
      What do you mean by pin the socket on the harness?
      Is there a reverse lock-out wire in the harness? On my GMPP harness, I had to build the wire into the harness and pin it for the connector to the ECM
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

I added the pin on my GMPP harness and then figured out how to “trick” The GMPP pcm to work with my magnum. The GMPP is a little different then the other GM pcms. The trans reluctor setting of 40 is locked in (because they assume you are going to use an electronic auto trans or a Super magnum (all are 40 tooth trans signals). If you are using a regular magnum, they are 12 tooth and an LS style t56 is a 17 tooth reluctor wheel on trans). If you use one of the non 40 tooth trans, it is super easy to reconfigure the programming with HP tuners. This is only the case with a GMPP PCM.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Is there a reverse lock-out wire in the harness? On my GMPP harness, I had to build the wire into the harness and pin it for the connector to the ECM
      The wire for the lock out is built in to the harness from PSI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com