Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Custom Auto Glass Vendor suggestions

Has anyone ever worked with a vendor on custom glass? I'm trying to find someone who can make me custom flush mount glass for a late 2nd gen fbody (1975-1981). Fesler was working on a kit awhile ago, but it's still not out. I'm looking for options.

Who here has experience with a custom Auto Glass Vendor and can give me a recommendation? Here are a few potential vendors:

Pete's Auto Glass Center in Whittier, California.

Street Rod Glass in Riverside, California

Bob's Classic Auto Glass

All these guys are on the other side of the country from me. I wonder how the measurement process will work since they won't have the car right in front of them.

Did you find a glass guy Got a guy in St Louis Area Let me know and I can give you a name and number

Country Flag: Canada
      Id say use stock glass , modify the stock opening to flush mount . the stuff from Fesler is of questionable quality and , very expensive , you certainly dont want to replace it if you break it
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

What about going with lexan / polycarbonate?

http://www.opticarmorwindows.com/default.asp
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

How about replacing the chrome with universal wide rubber molding designed to give a flush look to glass. It seals the channel so no water gets in, and looks pretty decent. My dad had this done to a couple of 81-87 Chevy halfton trucks and it looked pretty good. I've seen it with and without a chrome strip in the middle. Any glass shop has it in stock so if your glass breaks they can replace it along with your windshield. You may even be able to find it made for your car at restoration companies. It would be cheaper than custom metalwork to fit factory glass, and quite a bit cheaper than custom one-off glass.

If the weatherstrip won't work, I'd look at the metalwork before the custom glass. The metalwork would only need to be done once, but you'd be paying full price for custom glass every time the windshield needed replacing. I know with my luck, the first time I took it out on the highway someone's tire would throw a rock and hit the custom glass dead center in the driver's box.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com