Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Interesting. I have a question though - is there a reason you're putting the living space over? I ask because, at least in my area, I see ads all over the place for huge steel buildings for low prices. Seems it would be easier if you built a ground level place, and sectioned off part for living. You wouldn't have to climb stairs, and it would be a lot easier to seal against exhaust fumes. It might wind up being cheaper to boot, since you'd not be having to build a building tall enough to have a second floor, plus what it takes to build a second floor strong enough that you don't wake up on the first floor all sore and confused with a fridge on your stomach one day. A building with a second floor would need to be taller, and more expensive, than a building that's only first floor even if it has to handle a lift.

Country Flag: United States
    It just occurred to me that my garage comes close to what you're doing. The roof is custom trusses so essentially a second floor accessible from our deck with walk in storage and "hobby" space. Power, lights, and a split AC system. We didn't plumb it with water because there was no need.

If I were living there, I'd want a thorough vapor barrier under the floor.

Barndominiums or a Shouse are the latest thing, I have a friend and his wife in the middle of building one in Kentucky, and Suzys brother has one they live in at Lake of the Ozarks, I think they are a great use of the barn and property space,

the Coolest place I have ever lived in was a Carriage House apt after I got divorced. Two Car Garage, Storage area, apartment was only 500 sf but nice in the nicest area of Tampa. and it was CHEAP!

BMR SUSPENSION
    T.C. Davis

813-986-9302 Phone
    813-986-8055 Fax
    [email protected]
    www.BMRSuspension.com
    Like us on Facebook!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2