Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: D100

D100

Hello all I have a 1976 dodge d100 long bed 2wd right now with a /6 3 on the tree, going to be swapping in a 12v cummins zf6 trans my question is I want to bring it closer to earth and more protouring I want a rack and pinion front end with 4 wheel disc and a irs rear so I’m asking everyone here what irs and ifs to use and anyone done this before so any info help be great tks

Country Flag: United States
      You do realize that a 6bt Cummins weighs in at about 1000lbs.....

Country Flag: United States
      I am with Tincup in making sure you recognize how HEAVY that engine is compared to all the V8s around here. It's about double the weight. You'll need a very robust front suspension. Probably something like No Limit's wide ride with additional frame reinforcements. For IRS there is endless options, but they all require a decent amount of fabrication. You'll also need to be picky here since you'll be pushing far more torque than most IRS diffs can take repeatedly. I'm personally doing the 2015+ mustang gt IRS which is a great option for the money.

If you haven't seen it before, look up Old Smoky F1 which was built and is currently raced by Chuckles Garage. He has a fully built version of that motor in a very capable F100 race truck. That might help you get a feel for what it takes to hold that lump together around corners.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram