Country Flag: United States

New Hooker Blackheart 1st-gen Camaro BB Chevy stainless steel headers

I had mentioned the coming release of some new Hooker Blackheart BB Chevy headers for 1st-gen Camaros to another member in a different thread some time back, so I thought I'd create a thread for them here so I can make you guys aware of them as they get released. The images posted here are of the 2" headers (part number BH13182) that were just released a couple of days ago; they are for stock exhaust port size/location heads and are designed to be compatible with the Ride Tech Tru-Turn system, which can be seen in the first under-car image. There will be a couple of more part numbers released in the coming months and one of those will be a 2-1/8" header with different bend geometry than this set of headers shown here.

Name:  bh13182_0119207.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  79.6 KBName:  bh13182_0619207.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  127.9 KBName:  BH13182_16.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  224.6 KBName:  BH13183_1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  207.7 KBName:  BH13183_4.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  180.8 KBName:  BH13183_5.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  97.0 KB

Man, those fit nice! Tequila shots on me, next time I see you :-)

Andrew
    1970 GTO Version 2.0
    1967 Cougar build
    GM High-Tech Performance feature
    My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
    Instagram @projectgattago

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    Man, those fit nice! Tequila shots on me, next time I see you :-)

Andrew
    Although I can't take credit for the design of these headers (they were prototyped by another designer on the Hooker Blackheart team), I will hold you to the tequila shots when you're in town for LS Fest...I don't drink the cheap stuff either!

I don't either. I like Don Julio, Anejo ;-)
    1970 GTO Version 2.0
    1967 Cougar build
    GM High-Tech Performance feature
    My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
    Instagram @projectgattago

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I bet they would be close to fitting a second gen. I tried the passenger side Super Comps first gen in my second gen a while back and it fit. I don't remember the ground clearance though. Wishful thinking maybe. Send me a set of second gens when they come out and I will test fit them.

I would be able to lower the front of my car at least 1.5" s from where it is now with that clearance.

Yeah, I think the geometry
    of the driver side assembly is go to make them a no-go on a 2nd-gen. We haven’t designed a Hooker Blackheart header to fit more than a single application yet and at the end of the day I think that works out out being better for us and the user.

For those who are following that are thinking a 2" primary size header is too large for the BB engine in their 1st-gen Camaro, an 1-7/8" version of the Hooker Blackheart headers being discussed thus far in this thread has just been released as part number BH13181.