Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Adjustable control arms

Hi, new to this forum, looking for some advice from much more experienced guys than myself, thats for sure. I have a 66 Gto, had the car for 20 yrs now, have umi control arms in the rear of the car........the front end could use some work for sure........i bought new center link, idler arm, etc, etc for the front..........have some god know what tubular arms on the car now in front.

Talked to Mark, at scandc, i ordered the stage 2 plus adjustable arms...........now im kind of wondering if this is the right way to go or not........im kind of the type who will adjust it once and probubly never do anything to it again, was gonna get the lowers, just cant afford them now, living on SS so the money isnt excately rolling in you know.

Came across a deal from a forum member on another site where i can get some hardly used stage 3 lowers for a half way decent price spc brand.

Would i be better off just selling the uppers, at a loss i presume or snap up the lowers and just go with what i have..........they will be adjustable so im hoping i could get a better ride than say the fixed arms...........would like to hear your suggestions.

Thanks for putting up with the long winded post.

Rich

Country Flag: United States
      I have both SPC uppers and lowers on '67 camaro based upon SC&C recommendation. The lowers only offer height adjustment and additional 2' caster with ball joint moved forward.

See what it will cost to add good bushings and ball joints to your stock lowers (be sure to check for cracks; mine were just plain scary) and it will give you a good idea towards the value of the aftermarket lowers.

Thanks for that info btmatt………...money is tight now, so im hoping I can use my stock lowers for the time being.

Rich

Country Flag: United States
      uppers always first, then lowers if you have to cut something short. If your not getting insanely aggressive with autocross, the uppers with BJ's will do 90% of what your looking for in regards to proper alignments for cornering. Couple that with a good sway bar and spring/shock, you should be set without breaking the bank.
      Justin N.

1966 Chevelle
      1992 GMC Typhoon
      1989 Jeep Wrangler CJ 6.0 Twin Turbo
      1981 Jeep CJ7

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon1015 View Post
      uppers always first, then lowers if you have to cut something short. If your not getting insanely aggressive with autocross, the uppers with BJ's will do 90% of what your looking for in regards to proper alignments for cornering. Couple that with a good sway bar and spring/shock, you should be set without breaking the bank.
      Thanks Justin, im thinking of just using the uppers, probably overkill for what I do...….I think with the stage 2 plus you get the taller upper ball joints, and they send the lowers, think they are 1/2 inch.

Might order some new stock lower control arms, about $300 for the set...…..thinking for just fooling around on the street, this should be plenty.

Rich

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com