Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Corvette 1964 z06 project

Hello all,I am Laurent, enthusiast since my young age by your beautiful old American cars (and yes I am in France :confused2 I have had few corvettes along years, my first was a 1976 coupe I completely restored, a 1969 coupe, a 1963 convertible and today I'm on a 1964 coupe project (a little ambitious and will need advice!!!)
      When I purchased the car, the rear fenders had been modified and rounded to accommodate wider wheels but finding the original line of this icon was one of the objectives.
      Two years after my purchase, I was lucky enough to find a damaged 2007 Corvette C6 Z06 for an interesting price and suddenly restomod ideas came to my mind ::crazy:
      I find myself today with this project well advanced while retaining the original chassis but reinforced, a set of coilover suspension from ridetech and the brakes from the Corvette Z06, (the LS7 will of course be there with a TREMEC 5 speeds TKO600 Keisler)
      the fenders are in their original size and I'm trying to find out which rims and tires size will be fit for my project (it's not cheap and I don't want to buy the wrong parts!!!)
      I'll leave you with some photos of the progress and look forward to your advice.
      THANK YOU: :steering:

Country Flag: United States
      Hey Laurent,
      So you over on the Corvette Forum also. This is an awesome project. I hope to see continued progress. Should be interesting seeing you get the motor, trans and wheels figured out on this thing. Super nice hot rod.

Very nice.

This will be fun to follow. Welcome!
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

Laurent,
      Great job! Can't wait to see the progression. I see you have the Z06 brake package as well, same thing I'm using on my 68 Camaro ( I seen the 67 or 68 peeking around the corner ) . My eye picked up on something you will need to change, your calipers will need to be swapped from one side to the other as the bleeder screws are facing down this will be a problem bleeding the air from the system if not corrected. Probably just an oversight but wanted to mention it in case no one picked up on it. These vettes have great styling one of my favorites too.
      Continued success...

BB

I love these cars, because, doesn't everyone? Such a cool project, can't wait to see more.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Cool project Laurent!! For wheels with the factory fiberglass and stock frame, the best you can safely run is a 7 inch wide wheel with 4 to 4.5 inch backspace. Tire size will obviously vary....I assume you're going to need an 18" wheel with those brakes? The original tire diameter was 27.1 inches, so something in that ballpark. FWIW, I'm going with 17x7 with 4.25 backspace and 235/50/17 on all 4 corners of my '64.

Cheers,
      Greg
      1972 C20 Suburban
      1964 Corvette Coupe

Country Flag: Canada
      Laurent that's a great project you have going...very cool.Keep up the good work. I'm guilty of doing that exact same thing when I installed a set of C6 rotors/calipers on my 69 Camaro. Just wasn't paying attention or something along those lines.Nice catch Bad Bowtie...

Wow, what beautiful work! I look forward to watching it progress.

Thanks for sharing here! That looks like a fun project and the work so far looks top notch! Awesome build.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com