Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

1967 Plain Jane Camaro

I was inspired to start this build thread after reading the post about the lack of traffic here on PT.com. I'm going to update this as I find the time. I bought the car in 2008 and it was a running, drivable car with an inline 6, powerglide, 4 wheel manual drum brakes and manual steering. It is all original and unmolested. The only thing in it was an aftermarket radio. I thought it would be a good candidate for a build one day.

I drove it for the last 10 years slowly changing things here and there. I added a front spoiler, and LED lights. 3 point harnesses instead of lap belts. One winter I wanted to bring it up to snuff and added power steering, added 4 wheel power disc brakes and replaced every brake line with stainless steel. I also replaced every bushing with polygraphite from PST and replaced the entire suspension with stuff from Hotchkis. Front and rear sway bar, springs and Bilstein shocks. That made a huge difference. Car was like a little go kart! Oh, I also replaced the 14" wheels with body colored 15" steelies with the center cap. I also swapped the rear out for an 8.5 inch 10 bolt posi with 3.42's.

Here is the car when I bought it.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com