Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Here's how it sits now. We put the the front end on just to get an idea of how it would look, with all 4 wheels on the ground. The wheels are spare tires from a GTO. I was toying with the idea of putting a black wheel on it, and after seeing it on the ground with these GTO rollers I think I've made up my mind. I like the way it looks!

Old and new...

That's about it for now. Still waiting on my slot to open up with my local fabricator.
      Until then, I'm just going to lay low and gather up more parts and ideas for my build.

Small update here. Loaded the car up to bring to the fabricator on Monday. Filled the interior of the car with all the DSE goodies. Can't wait to get started on cutting this thing up and turning this car in to something serious!

Here's a pic of the inside. We're calling it Santa's Sleigh, since it's red and full of presents!

I also commissioned Ben from Street Rod Design to do a rendering for me. I like his work and will be sure to post it once it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      At the time I placed the order I was also looking to purchase the motor mounts to go with it so I'd be able to drop in the LS and trans for mock up. Kim had told me that there was someone that had just bought them and was looking to return them and asked if it was ok to pass my info to them. Turns out he's a fellow forum member here and has a sick build going on too. Check out Dave's build here.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-some-Upgrades!

Thanks Kim for helping us both out! Not only did I get the mounts, but the trans cross member too!

Kim is awesome at Matt's classic Bowties is awesome, always very helpful! I'm glad these parts are going to great use. Your car looks like it's coming along nicely....it's going to be sweet!
      Used to be known as classiccamaro

Sweet Build! I will be doing a 67 with similar treatment... after a 68. Following Along.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster67 View Post
      Sweet Build! I will be doing a 67 with similar treatment... after a 68. Following Along.
      Thanks!

I have a small update. Work has started on the car this week. Here's a few pics.

Making room for the shock cross member...

Upper link pockets for the QuadraLink...

1967 Plain Jane Camaro

John the car is going to be awesome. I can’t wait to see all DSE stuff on the car.

Are you going to mini-tub the car ?

I also agree on the black wheels
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Hey Marty, yes it will be mini tubbed as well. I pretty much have everything DSE makes for the car going in it! I'll be updating as the process goes on!

Great project!
      '67 Camaro SS - Currently in build stage but making progress!
      **Brett**

Awesome build! That engine is sick, did you end up selling the intake? I’ve gotta say I love the look of the body colored steelies. Black wheels will really pop against the red, too. Amazing the original condition of the body!

Thanks Nick! No I sold that intake to a guy Chile believe it or not! He has an LS7 swapped in to a.... wait for it.... Dodge Dakota, that he road races!!! Here's a picture he sent me through eBay messenger.

Here is the intake I will be using. It's the one from MSD that has been ported and shaved by Tony Mamo.

Well here it is! Working with Ben has been an amazing experience. The guy is insanely talented, and is also a car guy himself with some cool projects in the works. It was cool to BS with a guy that knows what he's talking about and bounce ideas off of and have them shown to you in print. This is the final drawing we came up with using all the ideas I had and also a few of his. Super chill guy, easy to work with and fast with his responses. I highly recommend him if you're looking to have your car done.

http://www.streetroddesigns.com

Take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Well here it is! Working with Ben has been an amazing experience. The guy is insanely talented, and is also a car guy himself with some cool projects in the works. It was cool to BS with a guy that knows what he's talking about and bounce ideas off of and have them shown to you in print. This is the final drawing we came up with using all the ideas I had and also a few of his. Super chill guy, easy to work with and fast with his responses. I highly recommend him if you're looking to have your car done.

http://www.streetroddesigns.com

Take a look!

The rendering looks amazing!
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

What does it cost to have him do a rendering like that?

Thanks for posting the artwork John! It was a real pleasure working with you and glad I could be a part of Plain Jane's history. I didn't know about the history of the engine, what a cool story!!

Snowcatter- Here's my FB gallery/ business page, click << Here >> , you can contact me there, or if you're not on FB shoot me a PM here and we can chat about your project/ rendering needs.

Good luck with the build John, I look forward to seeing more!
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

I can attest to working with Ben, he did some great work for me too and I was thrilled with the outcome.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      The rendering looks amazing!
      Yes, it does look good! But where on earth did they come up with "Plain Jane Camaro"? Far from plain..... LOL! Good job on the car.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by shelteredchevelle View Post
      I can attest to working with Ben, he did some great work for me too and I was thrilled with the outcome.
      You guys are too kind, I really appreciate that. It's a blast to do what I do when I work with such great people in a great community, and get to play with so many different projects. My project cars tend to get a little stretched out, between work and family my resources get cut a little short so it's nice to still be a "hands on" with so many cool cars like John's Camaro and Kimber's Chevelle. You guys keep me motivated to continue plugging along on mine too. Sorry to hijack a little John, now back to your cool build!
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      Yes, it does look good! But where on earth did they come up with "Plain Jane Camaro"? Far from plain..... LOL! Good job on the car.
      Thank you guys, I'm very happy with the outcome!

The "Plain Jane" name came from the original version of the car. It was your basic, no frills, stripped down version of a Camaro you could get. Inline 6, Power glide, manual steering, 4 wheel manual drums.

This time around it will be anything but plain, might have to come up with a new name!

Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      You guys are too kind, I really appreciate that. It's a blast to do what I do when I work with such great people in a great community, and get to play with so many different projects. My project cars tend to get a little stretched out, between work and family my resources get cut a little short so it's nice to still be a "hands on" with so many cool cars like John's Camaro and Kimber's Chevelle. You guys keep me motivated to continue plugging along on mine too. Sorry to hijack a little John, now back to your cool build!

No worries Ben, I have no problems promoting good people, products or services. You definitely fit all three. Was great working with you, thanks again!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com