Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow John! I just came across this thread of you're "Plain Jane" Camaro. I thought huh, let's see cause that's how mine started too.
      Originally a Red/Red 6cyl. AT.

By the time I got it (a few months ago) It had been swapped to a Gen1 SBC/4sp Saginaw.

The bushings were shot almost as bad as yours on the body and worse on the suspension. So I dove in with the minimal upgrades for now that got out of hand pretty quickly.
      However, all my upgrades in a short time are child's play compared to what you got going on here. It's beautiful!!!

Keep up the great work and keep posing I'm excited to see it back together.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterSpeed View Post
      Wow John! I just came across this thread of you're "Plain Jane" Camaro. I thought huh, let's see cause that's how mine started too.
      Originally a Red/Red 6cyl. AT.

By the time I got it (a few months ago) It had been swapped to a Gen1 SBC/4sp Saginaw.

The bushings were shot almost as bad as yours on the body and worse on the suspension. So I dove in with the minimal upgrades for now that got out of hand pretty quickly.
      However, all my upgrades in a short time are child's play compared to what you got going on here. It's beautiful!!!

Keep up the great work and keep posing I'm excited to see it back together.
      Thanks for taking the time to read! I've been lucky that I've been able to collect all the parts I need for this build over the years. I'm glad I did after reading and hearing the stories of back ordered parts and shipping delays and price increases. The only thing I'm missing is wheels and tires, but I'm waiting on that until the car is back together and I can get some accurate measurements.

Small update. Test fit the midpipe from the Hooker Blackheart exhaust. We wanted to see how much room there was between the pipes for the trans cross member. There's plenty of room to go through with our original plan.
      The exhaust tubing lined up with the collectors as if it were OEM. It'll be some time before I can mock up the rest, but I hope it fits just as well. You can also see I opted for the exhaust with the resonators. I was hoping to avoid that tinny raspy sound at high RPM's, we'll see how that works...

Your camaro looks awesome and some amazing pieces being installed! I wish I’d have replaced the subframe on mine but it’s too late now

Quote Originally Posted by Tynitty View Post
      Your camaro looks awesome and some amazing pieces being installed! I wish I’d have replaced the subframe on mine but it’s too late now
      Thank you. I decided to go with the DSE subframe after adding up the cost to replace everything on the factory subframe with some high caliber parts. After adding it all up, it wasn't really much more to just spring for the brand new one from DSE, and honestly it was the last piece of the puzzle. I can say I have every part they make for this car, maybe one day I'll be able to test it out

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Thank you. I decided to go with the DSE subframe after adding up the cost to replace everything on the factory subframe with some high caliber parts. After adding it all up, it wasn't really much more to just spring for the brand new one from DSE, and honestly it was the last piece of the puzzle. I can say I have every part they make for this car, maybe one day I'll be able to test it out
      Hahaha! I know the feeling! Sometimes I think “will I ever drive my camaro” really great build you’re doing, wish you the best with it and hopefully you’ll be enjoying it soon!

Car is looking sweet John.
      I'm about to do exhaust a d not sure what I'm doing around Speedtech torque arm
      Looking at everyone's build I can for ideas
      Yours is definitely sweet.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Car is looking sweet John.
      I'm about to do exhaust a d not sure what I'm doing around Speedtech torque arm
      Looking at everyone's build I can for ideas
      Yours is definitely sweet.
      Jason
      Thank you!

Does Speedtech have any build pics on their site? I would start there. I have killed hours, if not days on DSE's site and also Roadster Shops site. They have thousands of photos for all their builds and have learned a lot from them.

They've had a couple camaros on there site. Red Zed being one. I forget the name of the other. They said they just custom build all of there's
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

I would like to know about this wheel and tire combo, I love this look!
      - wheels sizes and tire sizes manufacturer of wheels, thanks

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com