Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 72 Camaro

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States

72 Camaro

This iswhere I am coming from https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lica-buildthis 72, I just purchased is my next project. It has been a little while since I sold my Corvette after my son’s(LtCol Kevin Herrmann, USMC pilot) death on 6 Dec 2018, as a result of a F-18striking is aircraft during refueling, He and his crew of 4 were killed and we are finally burying him inArlington 23 July. They recovered thecockpit at 16,000 ft after 6 months. Duringmy 27 yrs in the USMC as a pilot, I buried a lot of friends just never thoughtthat one would be my son.

My wife anddaughter said I need another project to keep me busy besides my son’s wife andthree wonderful granddaughters who are currently living with us, so I thought asecond gen would be a great start. Nomore Corvettes as they are just too cramped inside for me as I grow wiser.
      This 72 hasa 350/350, gears M23 4spd and a 12 posi with 342 gears and a very solid body,interior for now and nice paint.
      I haveresearched the heck out of these threads for 2nd gen Camaro’s andstill a little undecided where I am going. I do know the chrome wheels are going and I need 275 x 18 on the frontand would like 335/315 in the rear. Asmall block like something like the 600hp 427 FI Blueprint engine I had in my vette but opento carbureted as well but this time an automatic. The body and frame ares rust free and thepaint and body work are certainly good for now but not very fond ofsilver. The only body work I anticipate arewheel tubs.
      I am openfor suggestions as I am going to tackle the suspension first. Looks like a fourlink set up is preferred but have seen keeping the leaf springs and there areseveral viable options out there. I needto change the rear gearing from 342, but will wait until I have my engine and transmissionideas. How much can the 12 bolt take withthe c clips?
      Note: I planon doing some fun auto crossing and take it on the track for some fun road coursestints but still want to hop in and drive with AC.
      Many thanksas this will take some time 1(yr).

Attached Images Attached Images        

Will post other pictures soon this site is not taking the ones I have. Thanks

welcome back to the scene, so sorry to hear about your loss. Great looking start to a build

So sorry for your loss. I'll be watching this build. I'll keep your son in my prayers.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Ok I have 275's x 18 in the rear, looking for the beast mod for the $$ to put larger meat on the rear. Standing by

A few more pics

A few more pictures no progress but will move quickly once the current drive train is sold.

2nd Gen Camaro, just super cool, whats been going on with your project?
      Tom

Very sorry for your family's loss of your son and hope everyone is doing ok. Look forward to seeing how your new project goes.
      RagRat

Chris Costa

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com