Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      So ive been bouncing back between alot of areas on the car. One thing I didnt mention was this is an awd build. I am using a bw4404 transfer case, c6 tailshaft and a 2012 ford raptor front diff that has 410 gears and a torsen lsd. Here are a few shots. Im currently working on the adapter that mates the t-case to the transmission.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

As if a twin turbo torino didn't already get my attention,now its gonna be AWD too! This thing is gonna be insane.

Forgot to add this picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Bill.

Yes yes and yes! I have a soft spot for awd cars.... especially ones that were never built that way from the factory.
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

Also did some bodywork. I had some 3 inch tall flares that i started to put on but they were just to small. I ended up cutting out my own flares that were 7 inches tall and 3 inches wide. The wheels and tires im am putting on are rocket racing attacks in 18x12 and bfgoodrich rival s tires (335/30/18) in all 4 corners

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks bugzilla. I am very excited about this.

Country Flag: United States
      Well that escalated quickly! This is looking so cool so far and I can't wait to see how you bring it all together.

'95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

AWD! That ups the ante. Bonus.

Thanks guys.

A little update, started building the adapter to mate the c6 tailshaft to the bw4404 transfer case. Its 3/8ths steel. It really sucks using an agle grinder and hand drill to cut something this thick. A plasma cutter would have made quick work of these pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreakcobra View Post
      A little update, started building the adapter to mate the c6 tailshaft to the bw4404 transfer case. Its 3/8ths steel. It really sucks using an agle grinder and hand drill to cut something this thick. A plasma cutter would have made quick work of these pieces.
      Speedfreakcobra,

Can you tell us more about your AWD system. Im very very interested in the system.

Fish, I pushed the engine 18 inches rearward to accommodate the front axle which is a 2012 raptor front differential that has 410s and a torsen lsd. Ive been debating on which side drop to do. If i put the diff on the drivers side I'd have to relocate the oil filter which is simple but I'd also have to move the steering rack which i don't want to do. It also makes the drivers side heavier than the passenger side when it comes to weight distribution. If i do a right side drop I'd have good space for the driver but i would need to relocate the starter which means a new bell housing that puts the starter at the 7 o'clock position. I would also need to modify the oil pick up in the transfer case as well as drill for a new drain plug. The biggest issue on the passenger side drop is that i would have to modify the diff housing which i also dont want to do. I will use a hybrid of raptor and cobra axle shafts. As far as spindles go I would still like to retain the sn95 mustang geometry. I thought about using corvette spindles but im trying to stay all ford parts (c6 tailshaft excluded). So I'll have spindles made that can accept the cobra irs hub and bearing assembly. The last part is the front suspension, Its going to be a pushrod type like the rears. I have it mounted on the the ucl right now which is fine but from what i have read i can get better a better camber gain if it's mounted to the LCA as close as possible to the ball joint.

Ken blocks lead mechanic has an awd 70 transam that has the differential in the center which has even length axles. I could possibly go that route as well and just use cobra axles all around. That would also give me better weight distribution.

Looks like ill be doing a drivers side drop. I started by pulling the engine and taking measurements. There was alot of crap under there. The original idea of doing a passenger drop is a bit too much work. The k-member that i hacked up is now going to be raised 4 inches into the frame. So that means c notches in the front as well.

Well i did a ton more measuring. Turns out i didnt have to notch the frame rails. I did get to cutting the k-member. I notched this instead and I was able to raise it 2 inches.

Also did some bodywork. I had some 3 inch tall flares that i started to put on but they were just to small. I ended up cutting out my own flares that were 7 inches tall and 3 inches wide. The wheels and tires im am putting on are rocket racing attacks in 18x12 and bfgoodrich rival s tires (335/30/18) in all 4 corners

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks bugzilla. I am very excited about this.
      Very cool. Thanks for choosing Rocket Racing Wheels! Look forward to following the build!

That's going to be a seriously cool car!
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

What an awesome build. Looking forward to more updates.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Well its been a while since I have posted anything. Had some time to get in the garage this week and was able to welded up the adapter for the transfer case, cut and mock up the upper plenum and rework the intercooler. The first picture of the I/C is the original way it came and the second and third pictures are the way I rearranged the inlet/outlet portsName:  20190927_162447.jpeg
Views: 1075
Size:  72.0 KBName:  20190927_162320.jpeg
Views: 1060
Size:  63.6 KBName:  20190926_190009_HDR.jpeg
Views: 1053
Size:  88.9 KBName:  20190926_191407.jpeg
Views: 1097
Size:  96.2 KBName:  20190927_160522.jpeg
Views: 1114
Size:  82.6 KB

Did some of the IC piping mock up. I have some Aluminum 180 degree turns on the way. Id like to get rid of as much silicone joints as possible. Radiator will have to be played forward a bit. I think it'll work.Name:  20191102_134339.jpeg
Views: 942
Size:  80.6 KBName:  20191101_174524.jpeg
Views: 944
Size:  65.0 KB

Thank you lilian. Bought some new stuff. Aje k-member and LCAs, Street or track UCAs sn95 spindles and brakes, addco 1 inch sway bar, flaming river rack and pinion, griggs racing uca adapters (not pictured), aje steering joints and Viking double adjustable coil overs with 600lb springs.
      How did you get all of the different brands of parts for front suspension to work together?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com