Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

No fuel pressure in rail!

I have searched the heck out of this and haven’t found a resolution...

Swapping an LS1 into my 72 Camaro. PSI stand alone harness and MSD inline fuel pump with C5 regulator.

I cannot get the engine to start and there is no pressure in the rail per the Schrader valve. When I pull the hose off at the rail, plenty of fuel comes out when I turn the key and the fuel pump primes. As soon as I reattach the fuel hose into the rail, NOTHING. I pulled the rail and cleaned it out with compressed air and fuel injector cleaner getting a little gunk out. I also bought a new $130 MSD pump to ensure the original one wasn’t a lemon brand new out of the box.

I dont know what else to trouble shoot. All that is really left is the pressure pulse dampener being clogged/ faulty or the rails just being faulty which I don’t even know if is even possible.

Please help!

Thanks, Jim

Jim

1972 Chevrolet Camaro R/S

Are you hearing the fuel pump running for a few seconds when you turn on the key? If it does run for a few seconds, check the fuel pressure regulator diaphragm.
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

Are you sure that the ECU is getting power when the key is in Run AND crank?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Sounds crazy, but what about checking for filters being stopped up. Don't see it happening, but who knows? I believe I would work backward from the rails and eliminate the problem that way. Check pressure at the rails and go backward checking pressure.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Are you sure that the ECU is getting power when the key is in Run AND crank?

Andrew
      ^^^ this. And make sure you don't hook up the C5 filter/regulator backwards. C5 filter has 2 outlets (return/rail). The return is in the center of the filter body, inline in with the inlet.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Did this ever get resolved? Just curious what the problem was

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com