Thread: body shop

Default body shop

i know this is a long-shot post. i am hoping someone near SoCal has a favorite body shop recommendation. my 69 Camaro was crashed 2 days ago. mostly damaged on pass side fender, hood, other. was a high end build completed last year. it is in the Santa Clarita area north of LA. i have contacted 2 shops so far. have no previous experience with either. no typical body shop wants to work on a car this old. if anyone knows of great shop nearby, please post or PM me.

thanks

I live in the same city and am having the same issue. I have two projects going and am ready for body/paint. Iíve probably visited every shop up here but they either have no real interest or say that they are backed up for 6 months to a year. Iíll keep you updated by PM if I run across something. Iím going to start searching the San Fernando Valley next.

Country Flag: United States

I suggest you look up North deep into the central valley, like Fresno and up. Hot Rod Ranch in Lompoc would be a good option too.

I live just over the hill in Bakersfield and have been ****ed by multiple shops here and shops in LA charge too much for what you get and have a long waiting list, attitude, etc. Screw them.

Most body/paint guys are total scum of the car world out to lie and take advantage of car people. They are more interested in over promising and taking you for every penny they can while they have your property high-jacked. They are just going to put your project at the back of their shop to do insurance work and piss on your dreams.
    http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
    1969 Pontiac Firebird
    w/BP 461ci stroker kit, 670 heads & XE274H cam. Primer black w/black interior.
    1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Country Flag: United States

If you're willing to travel down to OC I have a good friend who is a perfectionist with his BMW M cars and highly recommends Quigley's in Lake Forest (http://quigleysautoparts.com/). I haven't had a need yet myself for body work but if I need high quality work done they'll likely be the first place I go to. For what it's worth they actually built the orange Supra from the Fast n Furious movie (not that I like the style but they did a nice job on it).