Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1969 Camaro - RS Spec Chassis - Wheel and Tire Combo & Pinch Seam Questions

Hi All,

I'm in the process of ordering the Roadster Shop SPEC chassis, and I'm trying to work out my wheel and tire size. I will not be mini tubbing the car so from what I can read the largest and most common sizing is 18x8 with 245-40-18 tires in the front and 19x9.5 with 275-35-19 tires in the rear. I've also heard of going 18's all around due to tire availability.

- For those who have any of the above size does this wheel and tire size perform under normal and spirited driving?
      - For those who have 18's all around what wheel and tire size are you running (18x8 in the front and 18x10 in the rear?)?
      - What back spacing did you use?

Also - I've been fortunate enough to have access to a lift for most of my larger projects, but I don't have lift access on this install . I need to put the car on jacks using the pinch seam. Where are you putting your jack stand on the pinch seam? Do you use a pinch seam block to keep from damaging them?

Thank you!

I just found the wheel and tire specs on the RS spec car:

Tires:
      Falken Azenis RT615K tires; 255/40/17 front and 275/35/18 rear.
      Wheels:
      American Racing Torq-Thrust; 17x9 front and 18x9.5 rear.

This has me leaning towards the 18's all around. Does anyone have experience with the RS chassis and stock tub wheel and tire size?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwag View Post
      I just found the wheel and tire specs on the RS spec car:

Tires:
      Falken Azenis RT615K tires; 255/40/17 front and 275/35/18 rear.
      Wheels:
      American Racing Torq-Thrust; 17x9 front and 18x9.5 rear.

This has me leaning towards the 18's all around. Does anyone have experience with the RS chassis and stock tub wheel and tire size?
      What was the back spacing on those wheels? My 69 Camaro is equipped with ridetech’s Tru-Turn front suspension.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com