Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Rear dise brake parking/emergency brake cable Kore 3 C6 brakes

Hey guys,

I bought a rear disk brake set-up from Tobin for a Ford 9".

I am wondering what emergency disk brake cable works with this set-up?

I emailed him, but it's the weekend, so I'm asking here.

Thank you.

I did c5/6 rear brakes on my LeMans. http://www.controlcables.com/ They made cables to my measurements with ends to fit the stock front connection and the rear Kore3 style. Very nice customer service. They were familiar with the Kore3 brakes. So they knew what I was trying to do. Not bad on the price either.

Another option to the one above is to use the Lokar T bird parking brake cable kit w/ clevis (Lokar EC-81FU). The floor bracket is not used, and you can loop the cables together with the junction block to mimic the stock intermediate cable. It can then be used in conjunction with the stock front parking brake cable and equalizer setup.

Parking Brake Cables

Hey Mean:
      I just went through this on my Olds A-body project. I have a rear disc set-up removed from a 2001 Chevy Blazer which have a "drum-in -hat" parking brake shoe, just like the C5 Vettes. The blazer set-up also has an integral cable mount built into the backing plates; I'm not sure how the C5 cables are routed so you may need to fabricate some cable mounts. I bought blazer cables which are about 66" long and then shortened them to 25" long to fit the stock A-body frame mounts. It wasn't too difficult but it did require a little experimentation and patience. Here's a link to my build thread on classicoldsmobile.com. Skip to post#143 to see the parking brake cable retrofit. I hope this is helpful to you!

Rodney

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...e-57404/page4/
      Rodney Meyers
      72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

The Kore3 kit comes with the brackets, and you can utilize the factory bracket for the parking brake located on the inside of the frame rails on most GM setups.

Quote Originally Posted by cdrod View Post
      Hey Mean:
      I just went through this on my Olds A-body project. I have a rear disc set-up removed from a 2001 Chevy Blazer which have a "drum-in -hat" parking brake shoe, just like the C5 Vettes. The blazer set-up also has an integral cable mount built into the backing plates; I'm not sure how the C5 cables are routed so you may need to fabricate some cable mounts. I bought blazer cables which are about 66" long and then shortened them to 25" long to fit the stock A-body frame mounts. It wasn't too difficult but it did require a little experimentation and patience. Here's a link to my build thread on classicoldsmobile.com. Skip to post#143 to see the parking brake cable retrofit. I hope this is helpful to you!

Rodney

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...e-57404/page4/
      Did you use the blazer rear backing plates with corvette calipers?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com