Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Aeroquip SS Braided A/C hose and fittings

Hello, I'm interested in hearing from people who are running Aeroquip SS braided A/C hose and fittings. The price is one thing ($500!!), but my main concern is the steel Aeroquip fittings and aluminum A/C fittings (bulkhead, compressor etc.). Who is doing this and have you had any problems?

Thanks,
      David

David,
      I have done 2 rotisserie build Camaros with Aeroquip steel braided hose and even though I did like the look of the steel braided hose and the stainless fitting I have chosen to go the way of Aeroquip's EZ Clip AC line on all future builds. The first one I just completed was on my dads 66 Nova and it was so much easier.
      A couple of issues I had with the stainless hose was you couldn't always "clock" it at just the right position if you had 45 or 90 degree end on both ends of the hose. No matter how many times I marked it I just couldn't get it the position I needed. On the straight fitting you won't have this issues.
      Secondly I couldn't keep a tight seal on the Teflon lined braided hose after a year or so the system would need a recharge and I believe it was coming from the ferule that compress on the Teflon lining.

If you do choose the steel braided hose route I think I still have some fitting if your interested.

BB

Are you doing it for looks or performance?

I can't comment on performance but if it's for looks maybe you can use stainless steel sleeving like this over regular hose:

https://smile.amazon.com/Stainless-S...s%2C151&sr=8-3
      Tracey

Thanks guys, it would be purely for looks. I have SS braid on heater hoses, fuel lines, PS hoses and brake lines. I've seen the sleeving on other cars and it just doesn't look the same so I don't think I'll be going that route. Thanks for the clocking info BB, and I don't want it leaking down either! Leaning towards going with rubber now - they are mostly hidden since I'm running the A/C lines behind the fenderwell anyway.

Thanks,
      David

Country Flag: United States
      The braided hose looks is out of style imo...however if the hose is rated for AC it will be fine. I wouldn’t worry about dissimilar metals. Heck the compressor is aluminum and I have steel kits on that.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Country Flag: United States
      My one annoyance with braided steel lines is that if you catch a loop of the braid on something its starts pulling out and then everything seems to hit it. I did all SS braid on my last ride, never again. I'm going to try the TechFlex stuff from Wire Care. One of my friends used it on his race truck a couple of years ago... said it didn't pull like the metal stuff.

TECHFLEX from Wire Care
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com