Country Flag: United States

Default Anyone taking air in through a headlight opening?

I’m considering different ways to get cold air to my engine. Has anyone removed a headlight to take in air? I see Spectre makes an air intake “cone” that fits a 5.75” headlight bucket and even offer a screen for it.
    Does anyone else make something?
    Any pictures.

Might be able to take a look at what the Hellcat and Demon are doing.

https://www.speedlogixstore.com/prod...sx-hc-abit.htm
    1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
    2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

We had a really good aerodynamic thread that has disappeared. Probably because the person who started the thread isn't in good standing in the PT community. However there is some very good information and many links to outside sources you'll probably find interesting. Here's a link to the archived thread https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ck-Performance

John, the link doesn’t work but I have another link to that article. Great info.
    Thanks.

Country Flag: Canada

Any chance you could post a link that works lol . I'm sure I know who wrote it ,just like to read it
    Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
    On twitter @raustinss
    On Instagram austinss70

I'm using that Spectre air intake cone and screen you mention on the inboard headlights of my 1969 Firebird. I painted the metal cone black, along with the metal screen. I use them not for air intake tho but for oil cooler on the passenger side and power steering cooler on the driver's side. My air intake come from my a sealed setup to my hood scoops. Exterior pics are in the link in my signature. You will need to modify the headlight bucket with a hole saw to open it up for the intake cone as it's fairly deep. The pics in my sign are from before I installed the cones and just had the painted mesh.

http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
    1969 Pontiac Firebird
    w/BP 461ci stroker kit, 670 heads & XE274H cam. Primer black w/black interior.
    1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.