Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

How Little Traffic...PT.com is

Is it just me or is this site dead? You post a question...something for sale and crickets! Seems like the same 5 people are always around, but I can never get more then a couple responses and it takes weeks just to get that! Other forums and you can get answers and sell stuff quick.

1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Sorry?

Forums are the best place to have a logical discussion, most people aren't interested in that. They want to be spoon fed an answer, most of the smart people threw their spoons away when they tired of answering and defending logic over and over.

It's not just here, its not just automotive.

How would you propose we increase traffic?
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Country Flag: Canada
      And I dont have any spoons ..just forks . Lol sometimes I'll read someones post and have something to add but I dont A because I know for a fact someone else will follow me up with a "what Ryan said " or a "x2" . So I let someone else do that lol or the odd time I just dont have the time to respond . Bad excuse I know .
      I will agree to some extent about the lack of traffic . At one point you could hop on here and find a dozen projects being built and I'd enjoy reading the thread, now it seems nobody wants to put in the work to post ???
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

....because build threads take time and effort. Grabbing a glamour shot, hitting it with a filter, and posting to the gram where you have 25k followers is way more gratifying and instantaneous.

How would you propose we increase traffic?
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

It is a lot easier to post to FB and other social media platforms these days. Forum's are much more desktop friendly and most traffic is now mobile based.

Browsing on my phone is a lot more work on forums. :/
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Not a great deal has changed in the PT world over the last few years bar the LT platform so most questions can be found with a quick search. and like already mentioned, social media does filter out the people not willing to search.

I don't mind if the traffic doesn't increase, as long as all of this information is always available.

The for sale section however moves very fast with the right items.

Ive noticed this across a few forums and all at the same time. I think it was a big hit for picture based forums when photobucket pulled that stunt a few years ago and held the pictures hostage. I know for awhile I didnt get on any forums just because the large majority of the how-to's had no pictures and there was no point in trying to update current stuff or the very old post, or the original poster no longer was on the forum and not aware.
      Miles Boyer
      The car hobby is dangerous,if the speed doesn't kill you, the cost of parts will.
      91 V8 S10
      88 Cutlass Pro-Tour
      97 Chevy lifted Z-71
      96 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
      We are working on that. It's slow and stupid expensive but we do have a new mobile friendly site in the works.

Have you tried our Tapatalk app?
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Keep working. There are many looking for a home to learn more about this hobby and obsession.
      Quote Originally Posted by Larry Callahan View Post
      We are working on that. It's slow and stupid expensive but we do have a new mobile friendly site in the works.

Have you tried our Tapatalk app?

It is a lot easier to post to FB and other social media platforms these days. Forum's are much more desktop friendly and most traffic is now mobile based.

FB is easier to post to, but much harder to find past posts.

I just know I have had a lot of questions lately that the experienced folks had to have seen before. I have one in the emergency room 2 weeks ago and no responses. I have another for power Steering and only a couple inputs. It’s just not crazy busy to get the input.

I have seen other threads too, days without anything.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I know that when the economy tanked back in 08? all, the forums I was on for cars and offroad vehicles had the participation level cut in half or more and it never came back. I am guessing that as people began to have that extra money to again be interested in toys different types of media had taken over and the started back there instead of going back to the forums. I don't typically post about my stuff as I never feel that it is that interesting. I did start a build thread on here mostly since the place seems so dead I felt any build would be interesting.

The people who stick to facebook for this stuff aren't the people I want info from anyway. I'm a member of several supposed p-t groups on FB and it's primarily just people slapping on new wheels, ebay control arms and asking repeatedly about oil pans and hydroboost. This site is my first stop when looking for parts to buy though. I figure the average income of members and therefore used part quality are doubtless much higher here than on FB.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

FB pages are cool here and there when something neat shows up but good luck finding it the next day because the algorithm FB uses for the timeline feed puts it into another galaxy buy the next day. I too wish Forums were more active, they seems to have the true diehard fans. I will say though i am new to the pro touring scene but been riding sport bike for years and active on the Zx10r page and this forum even be "slow" is still twice as much active as there.

People want instant gratification and answers that FB groups seem to provide. I still like the forums and the large scale discussions that can happen here. I find the users that are lazy seem to gravitate to FB for information. I get bothered when they ask a question on FB and when no one answers right away they get annoyed. That same question had been answered 20x on ls1tech....
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

I'm new to the forum, but this is part of the reason I'm not on here more. It's much easier to post/respond to things from home so I'm on the site less than I would be otherwise.

It sucks to see how much traffic has dropped from when I first signed up but it happens.
      Kacy
      79 Corvette, 406 SBC, Holley EFI, 700R4

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
      FB is easier to post to, but much harder to find past posts.
      Bingo... I for one am glad these forums are still around and appreciate the work Larry does to keep it afloat in a tough climate. I've learned a ton from people on forums like this and continue to learn from them every day. I also try me best to keep my build threads updated in case they can be of assistance to anyone else.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Country Flag: Canada
      Guess all of us have the same opinion, so the answer is in front of us , we need to stick together and ride this dirty b!+ch to the end . Sunnier skies await
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      Bingo... I for one am glad these forums are still around and appreciate the work Larry does to keep it afloat in a tough climate. I've learned a ton from people on forums like this and continue to learn from them every day. I also try me best to keep my build threads updated in case they can be of assistance to anyone else.
      The other great things about doing a detailed build thread is that you can refer to it for future reference. I don't know how many times I was Googling something and my own build threads pop up. So apparently I used to know stuff, but not anymore...LOL

It happened just this weekend when I was scratching my head when trying to line up the camshaft in my Cougar while doing the cam swap.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com