Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I’m proud to have never had a Facebook account. What a time suck.
      I come to sites like this to exchange info with like minded people.
      I do follow 2 custom car builders on Instagram and my middle daughters account to see pics of my grandson as they live 5500 miles away for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      The other great things about doing a detailed build thread is that you can refer to it for future reference. I don't know how many times I was Googling something and my own build threads pop up. So apparently I used to know stuff, but not anymore...LOL
      Yeah, I do this too, though mine never shows up in searches. I try to put as many pics and part numbers as is reasonable and doing so has come in hand many times down the road when I try to redo things.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
      FB is easier to post to, but much harder to find past posts.
      That's the truth!

I may check my FB account every couple of weeks. We literally are having this same exact conversation on one of the RC forums I frequent. As I said in that thread I suspect a big part of the forum slow down is that it is summer and people are not setting in front of their computers as much. FB groups are crap, IMO. Just imagine all the different threads here on PT with all the sections removed and then all mixed up and constantly changing order. It's no wonder why you can't follow a specific FB thread.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

I have FB but limited to a few friends and family because of the stupid drama and only check it every now and then. I try to check the few forums I am on daily but usually don't have anything to say, but do really enjoy watching other peoples builds and also keep mine updated when I have a chance to work on my project.

Instagram is great but this site is where all of the detailed information and learning lives. You just can't replicate what this site offers with a few photos. I have sold several things on this site and have bought here as well - never bought anything off Facebook or Instagram.

I noticed how slow most of the sites have been.
      Maybe it's because we are all getting old and the younger guys are more into the fb or Instagram crap.
      Or the economy might be shifting towards other interests?
      Myself,I haven't been on here because of work,home projects,travel married life etc. That my time is limited.
      72 chevelle.

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      Bingo... I for one am glad these forums are still around and appreciate the work Larry does to keep it afloat in a tough climate. I've learned a ton from people on forums like this and continue to learn from them every day. I also try me best to keep my build threads updated in case they can be of assistance to anyone else.
      One of the things IMO that cut back traffic was when PhotoBucket went into hostage mode and a lot of Project Threads were then worth less without the pictures

It has changed... I remember back in the day looking for parts on the PT classifieds and not wanting to go to bed because I just knew someone was going to post something I needed and I was not going to see it in time to get "dibs" lol. New/ used parts were coming up almost everyday. Nowadays its weeks before someone post parts. I guess they hit facebook first now. PT and Lateral G are my go to sites and like BMR said that Photobucket thing was a fiasco.

Just another P-T old timer who never went the facebook route either. My wife says she cant wait till FB becomes just like "Myspace' remember that

BB

It may be far fetched but to increase the traffic I think combining lateral G and pro touring to make one main site an option. People prefer one site over the other but for the most part I see the same people posting on both sites. Mark Steilow is on lateral g that's huge.

Also It's too much trouble to post a build thread here and then have to post it on lateral G.

It would also seem to be more cost effective for vendors and the owners of the sites. We're all the same community that enjoys these cars so why not? Strength in numbers right?

Plus I feel things can be regulated better. I constantly see people posting in the car for sales section or for sale section with no post count. That just puts tons of members at risk to be scammed.
      Ahmad B.

Country Flag: Canada
      I've thought that for yrs but never really thought how it would work , it's a quite simple thought to a complex situation. How do you combine yrs worth of old posts, double or very similar posts from both sites etc
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

I agree that there is no substitute for forums when it comes to searching for info. I often add forum to searches when trying to find info. I spend a lot more time doing events now days rather than building my car. But there is almost no participation about performance driving on the forums while it is all over social media. I’ve often wondered if the performance report section is too stratified.

Larry, I have t tried tapatalk, or at least not in years. Maybe I should try it now.

It didn’t help that work got much more sophisticated in their filters and blocked this site for years for me.

Traffic may be lower but I still love this site and don’t see it going anywhere.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

I figured when Pirate 4x4 hit the skids that all vehicle related forums would go down the tubes.

I don't Myspace/Facebook/Instagram/whatever so I just pass through the old stomping grounds from time to time.
      The difference between an environmentalist and a developer is that a developer wants to build a house in the woods, an environmentalist already has one.

Don't have Facebook, and don't care to have it. I will keep chatting in forums.
      Quote Originally Posted by Shawn0331 View Post
      FB pages are cool here and there when something neat shows up but good luck finding it the next day because the algorithm FB uses for the timeline feed puts it into another galaxy buy the next day. I too wish Forums were more active, they seems to have the true diehard fans. I will say though i am new to the pro touring scene but been riding sport bike for years and active on the Zx10r page and this forum even be "slow" is still twice as much active as there.

I've been absent for awhile starting with getting things situated to move into a new house with a 5.5 car, air-conditioned garage with lift. Now that I'm in there and settled, I'm doing my first ever customer builds, so my P-T builds are stagnant. 56 Chevy has an Art Morrison chassis, but is more "restomod", and I'm only getting it through paint, so I won't post any of that here. But the 71 Chevelle I'm doing for a friend will have a Roadster Shop chassis and a 1300 hp Borowoski Racing Engine, so I might post a thread of that on here when I get going on it.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

I hear ya about customer builds. I don't really post mine either. I don't have time to take the pics, post in a thread, etc.

I'm currently working on a nice 71 Trans Am, but I'll let the owner post up if he wants to.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

I put the work in on posting my build and got like 3 responses. So Im probably done posting on that. I'll just come here and browse the Sale section and check out anything new that pops up.

Forums WERE my go to to find out the coolest newest stuff people were doing.
      Project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ouring-Project
      IG - @tc_chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by Barrrf View Post
      I put the work in on posting my build and got like 3 responses. So Im probably done posting on that. I'll just come here and browse the Sale section and check out anything new that pops up.

Forums WERE my go to to find out the coolest newest stuff people were doing.
      I believe I got 1 so I quit updating as well.

I don't pay much attention to the number of comments. For me what's important is how many view a build thread accumulates. Many people simply view and look for specific information. I use build threads not just for the benefit of others, bit also a log of what exactly I did. I can't tell you how many times I've refered back to my own thread for that reason.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Country Flag: Canada
      Well let's be honest if it's not A a f body and B a first gen f body it seems you're not the cool kid on the block . I was looking for a 69 camaro before I found my 70 ss393 chevelle and truth be told ... I'm glad I have the chevelle instead. To me it seems and I've seen it first hand , way to many people now are like " oh look it's a 69 ls swapped camaro " and walk right past . Is it possible that the pro-touring market has been saturated with Camaro builds ?
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

I quick glance through the build threads shows more than the usual suspects.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com