Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper68 View Post
      I advise not using cal-tracs if you plan on doing any "spirited" street driving or autocross/track duty. They tend to bind in roll and cause abrupt oversteer.

Ryan
      Is that due to the way the front mount is made, or would this only be if they are not loosed enough? I was hoping to just run them very loose when on a road race track. I know they will rattle like crazy, but it is what it is.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Quote Originally Posted by anguilla1980 View Post
      Is that due to the way the front mount is made, or would this only be if they are not loosed enough? I was hoping to just run them very loose when on a road race track. I know they will rattle like crazy, but it is what it is.
      Honestly it is hard to say. Theoretically, if the forward mount is loose enough (lower link short enough), it would not bind but what is loose enough? Hard to know. Would be easier IMO to set it (the lower link length) where you like it for the drag strip and just remove it when you're on track or at the autocross, after all it's only 4 bolts total.

Just my thoughts.

Ryan
      Electrical/Mechanical Engineer
      1968 Camaro RS - Flat Black

I haven’t notice any bind in spirited street driving. But track can be a whole different level.
      Also realized my car has the CE bars not caltracs. Similar design but not exactly the same.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

I have Hotchkis springs front and rear, Hotchkis nonadjustable fox shocks, and the hotchkis front sway bar. on my 69 Camaro I run bfg g sport 255/40/17 rear tires and have a 4spd. I went to the drag strip this past summer. Since it was my first time there, I varied my lunch rpms. If I dumped the clutch at anything over 1500rpm, I got the worse axle wrap, and my junk only dyno'd at 322 rwhp. I'm sure the combo of a super sticky track and street radials didn't help. Unfortunately I ran the best walking it out of the hole then flooring it. If your going to drag race your car, you will definitely need some kind of traction device.

I was looking into Cal tracs, but after reading Hotchkis does not recommend them, I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go. I like the handling on the street, but I want more traction at the strip.

4 link or torque arm !!
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

This car puts down over 900HP with PTFB Comp leaf springs, our leaf springs have an extended second leaf and spherical bearings, and no traction devise

Name:  Logan.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  100.1 KB
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com