Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

AAW Highway 22 location help Nova

I have a '72 Nova and I'm trying to find the best place to stick my highway 22 wiring harness, this is a pretty big harness so trying to find a spot hasn't been easy, I don't have room in the console, the glove box on the Nova is tiny so getting it in there will be tight but possible with some fabrication. I thought about the trunk but then I'll have to extent all the wires that came with the kit which is rather not have to do. Looking for some ideas..

Those of you with the highway 22 kit, where did you install yours?

If you got rid of the foot-operated parking brake you could put it on the drivers kick panel, otherwise passenger kick panel might work (unless you have AC). There is no room where the factory fuse panel goes?
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

I’m wiring my 63 nova with the hwy 22 kit right now, I put it in the trunk and I bought the add on kit with the extended length wires to reach back up to the front. I had always planned on putting it in trunk, my battery is back there and my firewall is not stock. it’s a big fuse panel and I don’t see a real good place to mount it up front, perhaps on top of the transmission tunnel?
      Brandon

71 El Camino ZZ430/700r4,
      72 Buick Sun Coupe slowly working on LSx/6spd swap
      63 Nova husband and wife daily driver and autocross project

I'm working on making it fit into the glove box, if I can't make that work then I'll spend the money on the trunk extension kit. The trans tunnel won't work because the center console and vintage air get in the way, the kick panel could work if I can't get the glovebox to work. Thanks!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com