Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Big front brakes and torque thrust IIs

I want to upgrade my stock disc brakes, but did not do my homework when I went with TTIIs! I have 17x8 with 4 7/8 back spacing up front. I have been reading about spoke interference with these wheels. Anybody have the same wheels and using 11, 12, 13" rotors without issue? Not a huge fan of wheel spacers and currently, I don't think I can move things out without fender issues, so I am willing to go a bit smaller in size, to avoid any issues. I would like to replicate a known solution..Thanks.
      Joe

What's stock? As in, what are you upgrading? What is end use? If this is just a street car there is an option to simply upgrade the rotors to some drilled and slotted OEM style rotors and better pads. Did this on my F bodies ('94 & '02) and the brakes looked killer after some clean up and paint. Didn't tear anything up either, bolted right on.
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

On my Blazer I went with those wheels and they fit really tight to the brakes. I used 2015 Silverado front brakes with 13 inch rotors and the stock backspacing for an s10 and they were tight but fit.

On the c5 brakes I am now using they are really tight and not sure I want to use them because the spokes curve in and are super close with a 6.5 backspace.

I am just upgrading original brakes for more performance. Street car, but the factory discs are weak. I was looking to upgrade to bigger discs and multi piston calipers... I could go with better rotors and ceramic pads, but was looking at a kit. I think 11" rotors would be ok, but would like to maximize.

Quote Originally Posted by viperman View Post
      I am just upgrading original brakes for more performance. Street car, but the factory discs are weak. I was looking to upgrade to bigger discs and multi piston calipers... I could go with better rotors and ceramic pads, but was looking at a kit. I think 11" rotors would be ok, but would like to maximize.

www.kore3.com will have a C5 template you can print out to see if you’ll have diameter or wheel spoke clearance issues.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com