Country Flag: United States

Default 08-13 Dodge Challenger mirrors?

Has anyone used these mirrors on their car? I've been looking around for descent side view mirrors for my 67 Firebird and came across these. My thought was to buy the adjustment switch that goes with these mirrors and wire them up. I'm just not sure if they would be a little big for a 1st gen Fbody.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Folding-Pow...UAAOSwfX9b4~oN
    1967 Firebird (current project)
    1967 Firebird (unfinished project SOLD)

I don't know of anyone that has, but I think they would look pretty good. I have a 1st gen as well and it has my attention. It looks like they wouldn't be much bigger than a second gen mirror. I'm hoping someone else chimes in. If you decide to use them, please post pics, I'm definitely interested!

Carl Wilson
    1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats

I bought them and then sold them on. overall the mirror piece is similar size to a second gen, but they sit far too high for my liking. It would take some fab work and preferably shortening of the 'Arm'(?) for them to look right. just my opinion however.

I would like to have one to play with. I believe I could shorten the neck a bit and build a base and make it look pretty good. At least I think I could...

Carl Wilson

Yeah I keep going back and forth, I think they look good but would probably need to mock them up. And then I start thinking should I just go the easy way and find some descent looking crotch rocket mirrors or get the Hollywood mirrors from Speedway Motors. I'd like to have power mirrors but I'm also having trouble with motivation on my car so it would be nice to just bolt something on without too much modification.

Have you tried wiring them? I believe those Challengers, like many Mopars of the era including my 2014 Ram, are CAN-BUS. Not sure if or how that affects wiring these up.
    Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
    71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
    67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
    82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
    66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellshotrodsAZ View Post
    Have you tried wiring them? I believe those Challengers, like many Mopars of the era including my 2014 Ram, are CAN-BUS. Not sure if or how that affects wiring these up.
    I haven't but that is a good point. I wouldn't think the mirrors would be CAN but you never know these days.

This is a photo of the connector on the ebay auction. There are 5 pins so they should be up, down, right, left, and either a ground or power pin depending on how they are wired. Normally CAN is a 3 pin (CAN Hi, CAN Low, Shield). I would still want to look into the switch wiring just to be sure though. I guess it's possible it there could be 3 wires for CAN and 2 for power...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well I went to a car show this weekend and there were quite a few newer Challengers there. After looking at the mirrors more they do look kinda tall. They probably would need to be shortened to look right.

I did see a Plymouth Prowler there too and liked the door mirrors on it but they're a little pricey. The 2015-2018 Mustangs also have good looking door mirrors.

I think for now I might just go with the Hollywood mirrors from Speedway motors.

Take a look at Ford Fusion mirrors and Lexus ES mirrors. I put a set of Lexus ES on my 69 Camaro. I think they fit very well. I bought the Hollywood mirrors and they looked way too small and basically unusable in my opinion. Plus the Lexus mirrors have power motion, flood lamp, turn signal and are heated.

Name:  D370516E-5C4E-44B9-8F69-053C449648BA.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  285.1 KB

hollywood mirrors look good from far away, but as mentioned, they're very small. Also, their mounting bracket has a very universal (exposed hardware) style look. If neither of these things bother you, then they're great value. I think I paid $75 for them, before selling them on.

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
    Take a look at Ford Fusion mirrors and Lexus ES mirrors. I put a set of Lexus ES on my 69 Camaro. I think they fit very well. I bought the Hollywood mirrors and they looked way too small and basically unusable in my opinion. Plus the Lexus mirrors have power motion, flood lamp, turn signal and are heated.

Name:  D370516E-5C4E-44B9-8F69-053C449648BA.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  285.1 KB
    That's crazy I literally was just looking up Ford Fusion mirrors. They do look good and are pretty low profile compared to a lot of the other ones I've seen. The Lexus mirrors look good on your car too.

I don't know if it's the picture or what, but they look big to me. May not be though.

Carl Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
    I don't know if it's the picture or what, but they look big to me. May not be though.
    Look at the 2013-2016 Focus mirrors or the 2018 Camry mirrors.

Look at our Clear Shot Mirrors. Morris Classic Concepts.
    They eliminate the Passenger Side Blind Spot and
    they stay in their adjusted position. Look stock!
    You can order mirrors that aren't assembled if you want
    to paint them. Just bead blast them, epoxy prime then
    paint to match your car.
    Billy

An Assembly note for our mirrors if you order them Unassembled.
    You will need a Phillips head screw driver a 5/16 wrench,anti seize
    and some RTV.
    Billy

Who needs mirrors anyway?

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/rvs-7...iABEgJOF_D_BwE

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/oem-g...SABEgIFJPD_BwE

Were it not for current vehicle statutes, this would be the way to go.

-The viewing range would be improved
    -No need to adjust for different drivers
    -Better aerodynamics
    -And if using the 3-camera interior "mirror" I posted, only need to look in one place to see everything next to and behind you.
    Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."