Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Coil over trouble JRS suspension.

Front suspend = JRS apex C6 based suspension.
      Qa1 Coliovers:

When i take the weight off the wheel and allow the suspension to hang he upper arm hits the spring unless I screw the lower spring adjuster on the coil-over almost all the way up which make the ride height too high.
      if I try to lower the spring adjuster down, to get the right hight down.. the spring will unseat less then half of the way down the adjustment, it will sit once i put weight on it but that seems wrong..
      I wouldn't be shocked to hear I need different springs.. smaller diameter or fee length.

Thoughts appreciated..
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Country Flag: United States
      Couple of thoughts.

Your coilover shock should be roughly centered in its travel at ride height. Is it?

If it is and the spring is not seated I think that says your spring is too short. Maybe post a couple of pics.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Couple of thoughts.

Your coilover shock should be roughly centered in its travel at ride height. Is it?

If it is and the spring is not seated I think that says your spring is too short. Maybe post a couple of pics.

Don
      Thanks Don ... will get some pics when I can (car is about 2 hrs from home at shop.
      I would say no shock is closer to fully extended then middle with car on ground

67 Camaro In progress

Is the car complete? Worrying about springs and ride height etc before the car is at its completed weight will drive you crazy.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Is the car complete? Worrying about springs and ride height etc before the car is at its completed weight will drive you crazy.

Don
      Yeah this is why I haven’t acted on it. So for the first time in 2 years my car has been in the body shop. Got it on a lift the other day and remembered this. It has no front sheet metal on it so maybe that weight will change things ... one of th3 things that has me nervous is Whalen I first got my car back from jake he didn’t have the billstienes. Shock I paid for. A year plus later I got QA1 shocks and no springs from him ... so they may be wrong

67 Camaro In progress

Quote Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
      Yeah this is why I haven’t acted on it. So for the first time in 2 years my car has been in the body shop. Got it on a lift the other day and remembered this. It has no front sheet metal on it so maybe that weight will change things ... one of th3 things that has me nervous is Whalen I first got my car back from jake he didn’t have the billstienes. Shock I paid for. A year plus later I got QA1 shocks and no springs from him ... so they may be wrong
      How long are your springs? What rate? My first guess would be 10 inches and 500 lb/inch.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com