Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

HELP!!! Power steering issues... continued

'68 Camaro, Concept One serpentine system. Took the car for an 80 mile run last week and everything was great. Next morning, no power steering. Sent the pump back to Concept One and they said it wasn't holding pressure so sent me a new one. (great customer service)

Got the new pump today, installed it, filled with fluid, fired up the car and still no power steering
      Pulled return line, fired it up and good fast flow.. reconnect, fill with fluid and again, no PS. Each time, I turned the wheel lock to lock several times trying to bleed the system of air.

Could it be the gear box? What and how do they act when something goes bad in them? I'm so freakin not happy right now

I've been researching gear boxs, don't care to do anything used or rebuilt

CPP 50004 14:1 $379

AGR 492117 12:1 $431

Borgeson 800130 12.7:1 $445

PSC SG254B 12.7:1 $475

Turn One $800ish too much $ for my budget

I've been warned to stay away from the CPP & AGR.. anyone have any comments on this? I was also told the PSC is a great box, comments?

I'll be at Good Guys Columbus in 2 weeks, do the vendors do any type of show deals?

Country Flag: United States
      I’ve used a couple of AGR boxes with good results. They bolt right in with no adapters. Borgeson should be good too.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Country Flag: United States
      Turn One is usually at Columbus. Even if you're not buying a new box it would be worth talking tech with Jeff or Junior. They're very helpful.

ramey
      Technical Support
      UMI Performance, Inc.
      [email protected]

Join us on Facebook!

I tore the pump down, again, and found metal dust lining the edges of the reservoir and specs of stuff inside the valve. It's time for a completely new system, pump, box & hoses
      I spent some time on the phone with AGR and we discussed pretty much everything in a PS system.. couldn't believe they took the time with me like they did,, For that, they've earned my business.
      i'll be doing they're 492117 box 12.7:1 ratio

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com